Heavy Traffic ×

WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

I make this separate.

A dangerous code. :wink:

I have now added some suspicious code that last thing I did. Lets hope it works, otherwise I will have my whole weapons database cleaned in the Display Room :D

Why that code?

The time sync is now out of order. The quest that runs for the display room is set to 10s default, will pop up to 0.1 when you add a weapon at the weapons table. The staff holder, that holds up to 40 staves, are able to POP OFF all staves on the ground, to a single stop if you want all down for some odd reason, so best is to remove 1 stave in a time but it is to late for stopping the remove all staves. I want it there. It is an option I like. I cannot update the quest 40 times in a single frame, when it is set to update every 10s. They are in different cosmos even, well at least the quest needs to check: Is the weapon inside the cell, is it in the Display Room at all? Where is it? In the players inventory? If the player picks up the weapon, it should no longer be in that cell. Delete it from the Database and make a pray :D It will delete 1 weapon each 10s, slowly but steady, unless you do not add another weapon at the table but then it will not run that part of the script as it will go in to an adding state and stay there. Just be patient in the Display room, it adjust it self to the reality, slowly but steady. That's the best I can do to keep high performance, hit 3 flies in a row.

Remove all 40 staves, pick them up before the quest adds them back at the display rack, well remove them again, make sure to pick up many before they return. Lets say you managed to pick up all 40 staves from the spot next to the weapons table. Keep the weapons inside Inventory or outside the room or in a container for 40 * 10s --> 400s? It will take the Display room to have a fully updated database in 7 real minutes. The database would only update if you are in the Display Room, but I have seen it running when I am out from that room in the console as i get reports there when it runs. You just have to accept this for highest available performance.

If you remove a single weapon, any weapon, it can remain in the database for up to 10s. It will get deleted. Add it inside the room within that time frame, it might return to the wall again. I seen that happen when i built the Display Room and did not destruct stuff properly. Make a pray for the coding gods... Please, update my bloody database. :D

No big deal really.

This need to be tested of course. As long as the weapons do not fall on the ground, the scripts are bug free. :wink:

If weapons fall to the ground, someone moved the Lord Goblum. If he leaves that room, all stuff falls apart. :D He has not left the room since I put him there a year ago. If he does, i make another solution, then we have to put all stuff back on the walls :D Its just a bloody Display Room, not a matter of life and death. Just simple bloody weapons... No big deal... Cool, I think I will add that to his story and remove the option to summon him out. i did add that in house options but as he is not scripted to fight, he did nothing, so damn pointless. He will be removed soonest possible. Lets add it to the story, he is cursed to remain in the Display Room, guarding your treasures or pressures even. It is his treasures... :wink:

Future options?

One way to really keep the weapons out of that cell, is to move them instantly to either the players inventory or to a container, in the Display Room or wherever, but keeping the container there, makes most sense. It will be easy really to make that happen I guess. I have noo doubts at all.

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weapons do not stay on the racks I did edit and I do have a clue why. Well the code is simple but it does many things almost at the same time. I need to ad debug info into all scripts and follow them step by step.

1. The number in the database is not updated, It say 28 weapons but they are over 30, I think I counted 33.
  2. Object GameMode scripts do not always update Quest scripts properly.
  3. Solid State is added both from the button, and also to all objects that are stored in the quest database.

I did had an issue with the small racks, as they did not store the weapon on the table when i did activate the Object script at the rack inside the database. Only after I added it into the quest script --> Peek at the table, which reference is there right now. Store it temporary, keep it in the variable as long as needed. I need to read the quest script again, see if I need to add something to it. I do think it checks the small racks for a variable. It might be so I need to add a 5th or a 5th number to that variable, to check when I click at the staves racks. Details but writing it down, helps me think and solve problems.

I also need to check if it is a staff or another weapon. They do not have the same angles... I should fix this slowly and steady, one single tiny problem in a time, go in game, test, out again to CS. Check the angles from console.

So. The staff rack is for all types of melee weapons. I do not think it looks good to add a dagger to that rack, but it is not up to me what you want to add to it.

Here is an old Screenshot of when it worked, with all those old scripts, so you know which type of odd rack I am babbling about.

52048703469_77241014b2_k.jpg[/url]

I have been thinking. What we know right now is that the small racks works perfect and that the button you push to the the weapons at the odd rack above do not.

I will take the code out from that button, the setpos and setangle bits, move them to the quest script, move everything that is not needed in the button to the quest. So when the quest script finally adds the weapon, it will also update its own database as the syncing between the button, small racks and the quest script do not work the way i think they should. Well I do it after I woke up. :) It can then be up to 10s before the weapon enters the rack, again... Just like the small racks. I will also update the old quest I made, put this into that quest text and in the journal. I will also put a book close to the table, describing this process, which is needed to allow high performance and do it as short and informative as I can.

The new guards at Anvil Benirus Manor (BTA Anvil HQ (basement)) is now working. They even use the right variable to get to the right spot. But they seems in love. All they do is stare at each others, as they are so close. The male Imperial did turn his head around and the game crashed a bit later before I manage to take a shot of the 2 dove lovers.

I guess i have to live with them glaring at each others. I could maybe check: [x] Skip fallout behavior? Usually that means that they must focus at the package and not do anything else. IDK... I can try it really. Their job here is immersive guards, nothing else really.

52050383468_e3ba5ed4b6_k.jpg

They are still in love... :/ They updated the package when I restarted the game I guess. I take a peek later. This is a bit disturbing. Maybe I should move one of them a bit? They also do this at BTA HQ at the University. But it is the female that glares mostly, not the male. I could move them slightly.

52049347327_02b2cddfc7_b.jpg

Damn the different ways to do the exact same thing inside a script. Read about my problems and Solutions and conclusions in this thread.

Set and Let observations and Conclutions - Oblivion Construction Set and Modders - The Nexus Forums (nexusmods.com)

I will not repeat the stuff from that thread here. I know now how to make stuff to work. How to script in High performance. I still need to test and adjust it. It is no guarantee yet, The code looks good so far. But Not tested.

I will now look at the quest, to add weapons in the Display Room, that I made 2 years ago, adding the delay info, tell the player to stay cool in the display room. I will also add some PrintC stuff, so we all can peek in the console when stuff should happen. I do have an idea to let my own clock script write in the console if we touch stuff in the Display Room. The clock runs ones every real second and might be suited for this, with an extra state in the script. It is only an idea so far. A count down. When will the quest script run? In 3s, 2s, 1s - Now. The weapon launches and gets added to the wall.

Edited by Pellape

I wrote something earlier about Set and Let. I used the Phrase: I will do my very best. That phrase always trigger something in me, an old TV show.

I added pelts at the floor in my library, 4 or 5 so I can take a quick nap to get rested bonus. The heads at the pelts, makes my char to stumble, and when that happens, the same TV-Show recorded in Germany many years ago pops up, like the Jester in the box. So lets see that bloody show together and it is 15 min long. We see this on TV every New year around 20:00. I still love it no matter what. :wink:

This old couple are Germans and they did tour with this all around the world. It has its own WIKI

The sound could be a bit better at this video. Other links with blur images has better sound. Turn up the volume.

Blurred version, better sound in case you wanna hear it better :wink:

Love guards

I have adjusted the guards, pulling them apart some. I cannot pull them more apart or it will just look stupid. Not tested in game yet.

Options to spawn Lord Goblum to your location is removed. You can now port to him but he cannot port to you. If you anger him, which I did at one point, he did followed me to the Library hall way... I think i did set his aggressiveness to 0. He have not caused any problems since. He stayed in the Display Room. If he leaves, everything will fall to the ground :D It is up to you. Make a save, go out, move him to you with console, go back and see... Sooner or later weapons will fall... From the wall...

Edited by Pellape

Everything looks great

I am so happy right now I can burst. The display Room is working now exactly as i want it too, so far so good. Knock on wood... But there is a but...

Our dear frind Lord Goblum just walked through this wall. Path is set to go around the screens, not trough it.

52052038142_c84215ee36_k.jpg

Either I deleted the invisible collision boxes I did ones add here at this screen, or they disappeared during a dark time, when I removed unnecessary Requirements, some stuff disappeared. I need to investigate this. But the weapons also loose their collisions, when they are added to this specific wall off displays. I could walk through them all, except the 2 buttons at the end, where we add and remove items at this divider. Well...

To test so everything would stay at the wall, I walked out from the room and saved. Logged out from the game, logged in, entered the Display Room and it should change the speed of the quest to 0.2 on load. I did set that at an item in the room, which I do not remember really... :wink: Damn it was weeks or even a couple of months ago. I do not remember. All I remember is that I did. Well NM, I find it if I ever need to find it.

The sword, did loose its solid state as I went to it, and when I grabbed it with [Z] - key, it dropped to the floor and a second later, it went back, as then the Quest Script updated the whole Display room. Collisions in this room may act odd. 4 items at the divider is from WAC and I know some items will break the collisions if they get in contact with my collisions and that is nothing I can do anything about. It is one sword in MOO, one bow, and maybe more broken MOO and WAC items. Well as long as I do not fall through the floor I am fine. One WAC or MOO bow will break the floor collisions in the whole room and it looks funny as it is like standing in quick sand. You slowly sink into the floor until you fall forever. The staff too...

When this happens, remove the weapon that is causing problems and you can still use some carpets or TCL at console, go out from the room, save and log out. Log in again, and the Display Room is fine. Why? IDK... :wink:Will I be able to fix it? Maybe and yes, for myself I can but that is pointless... Publishing WAC and MOO stuff will never happen or fixes for those mods, not from my part. Maskar can fix MOO but the author of WAC is out of reach and the version available is the version we have to live with. I might find more weapons and I may make a list.

If i find MOO stuff, that breaks the collisions, i may try to fix them, test them to see so it works and I can ask Maskar if he wants it sent to him for a future update. It is one single sword so far. The most good looking sword in MOO even, a weapon you really want to display. It drops from the hardest Undead boss in MOO the Bone Lord. As Displays are so rare in Oblivion, I bet no one ever noticed that mesh is broken even. If i add it to the table, it looks fine really. It is when it falls to the ground with havoc, the s*** breaks loose. But stuff no longer falls.... Not what i have seen... Well i did made the Requiem to fall, did I not? Touching it fast before the quest updated the room. :D

WARNING!!!

Do not add these weapons into the display room as they conflict with my collisions.

• This Bow
  • This Staff

Simple as that. :D Last weapon I did add was a WAC axe. I will need to investigate this next week... It is late now and time for bed and tomorrow I go to my flat during the evening and I have no internet there and I stay until Sunday I guess. So early next week I take a peek or some in the morning... We see.... :wink: I start remove everything, Save, log out and log in and test the collisions at the empty divider. If it works, it was one weapons that broke it. I will find which... No big deal...

Edited by Pellape

Many more weapons acts odd, not only WAC and that MOO weapon. So lets see what is working. If we add a weapon to the wall, we do not need to poke it. Will the player poke it with Z? I do not think so really. It is just me that loves to poke them, to test all different situations that may occur in this room. I must test every possible thing we can do to a weapon.

I added setrigidbodymass 0 to all racks, well for each weapon now for every frame and I do not notice any drops in performance. I will now soon fill the room with weapons. make real Performance stress test. I also added a spell, that will count all weapons, and tell us in console which weapon is in the database to see if the auto cleaning works and it sure does so far. If i go to a rack, click the weapon so it ends up in my inventory, it will be gone from the database next time the script updates. I will add a 2s timer from my clock script, telling us in the console when next update occur. That tiny and useful code is added to the button at the divider since yesterday and it works great. I will now add that tiny code to the rest of the racks. That way we can track the time if we feel we need that. It is up to the player. It will be added in the documentation that this spell exists and if they wanna follow what happens, peek in the console. Otherwise, be patient, sit on your hands and watch the show.

pekka: STRESS TEST THE ROOOOM!!!! :wink:

Still, removing a weapon from a rack is best done in sneak mode. Or use that special button to remove the weapon from the divider. That way, the database gets updated immediate. Well the timer is enough to update it, before the player adds it else where. It drops at the table, nexy to it and the player has to go there and pick it up. Usually the quest say PLING in console before that. I run in speed 157

Edited by Pellape

• 2 weeks later...

I remade the readme yesterday as i had to get rid of so muche babble. What does the player really wanna know when they read the description? My babble? I do not think so. I still babble a lot. Do I not?

I will add screenshots and my readme's in this folder:

Data \ Docs \ Pek

to not clutter the the Docs folder. That will not limit my number of screenies. i will try to not add to many but I want to add some. I could add them all to a PDF, but it will be big. Any thoughts about this?

Well this is the first draft that I will copy later and make into a PDF with Google Docs.

----------------------------------------------

Have you ever played Legacy of the Dragonborn or Skyrim? Well try it as it is among the best mods ever made for any TES game. Am I close to it? Not in 10 or 100 nyears but maybe we will one day? One step in a time.

The legacy of the Champion
This museum does not have anything in common with the Skyrim version, except the principle but thats it. It is meant to become a museum for the Champion but not look or work the way TLOTD do. All designs are based from Oblivion and most is underground. The main room and main building is above ground north of Anvil. The scripts are more static and extremely fast. Coding dynamic stuff can be done in Oblivion but it is easier in Skyrim I guess. Skyrim scanning takes forever. My scannings is done within a single frame so far. Compare and see for your self. This is Oblivion and this game is 16 years old. We just have to accept that fact.

I have played TES since Daggerfall 1996, modded Morrowind 2004-2006, Oblivion 2006-2008 and from 2020-XXXX. I have learned modding from Qarl (R.I.P), we all did back in the days. His stuff is still nice.

Why 2 years development?
What is included and what have I done during the period 2020-2022. I have been solving a lot of issues and problems. This mod has not been a walk in a park. Oblivion demand that we stay patient and not try things that are not meant for Oblivion but still, we must try new things and develop new things and that we do together as a community. I spent a lot of time looking for proper resources, editing them, fixing collisions that was not aligned with the meshes and sending the corrected stuff back to the authors I got in contact with. I have also editing as lot of UV, making some textures fit better at all objects I am using. Read my WIP if you wanna know every detail, It is all there. Every tiny step and me swearing and shouting.

-Why does not this work? :/ Why cannot I do things this way?

What is included?
A Display Room that has taken a lot of time to get working in a way that I like it to work. Be patient down in that basement. Follow my instructions in the quest and be patient (again). All wepons are stored in a quest database and it updates default every 10.2 seconds when you are in that room. Sometimes the speed change to 0.2 seconds when you add a weapon but it takes time until the quest timer changes. Not my fault. The game works that way. Performance is more important than speed. Read the book inside the Display Room, close to the ladder and table, well between them rather.

• Fully pathed estate for companions, both inside and outside, both in main file and in the MOO Addon and enough space for them to move around with no problems.
  • Ramps outdoors are adapted for chickens, small cats and dogs, wide enough for bulls, hippos, horses and mammoths to use without issues. Normal stairs are 45 degrees and the ramps outdoors are 25 degrees I guess or max 30. I do not recall. They work perfect for a chicken or a hippo or a mammoth. I dislike when they cannot use the stairs. I also add ramps in sewers in an addon as my pets have problems moving inside them and now they can. That addon is meant to make all enemies to have level offset and add ramps and make fighting funnier with companions and more challenging.
  • A working Fence in the Display Room. 3 merchants - 1 sell COBL items only.
  • Dynamic Auto sorting. A quest stores the chests you add to the quest and all items in that chest. Every item in the database is connected to the chest it was in when you added the chest and its content to the database with a spell. 4 spells is for sale in my Fence in the Display Room.
  • MOO Addon with a working workshop. All MOO tools included and retextured. Ore and MOO monsters roams the outside of our farm, very close to the house even. Be ready to protect your farm and its critters. If they die, no big deal. They respawn. Gather resources all around the house. MOO Rocks. The house is a bit boring without MOO really so if you want to have a peaceful life, do not use MOO but who likes to be bored? Not me. Forget it. I want WAR! Fight for your farm.
  • Lots of different tools. All tools my imagination will come up with and influences from all TES games and even Ultima Online. Alchemy sorter from COBL, 2 different drinks and bottle sorter's in the kitchen, special tools that I have used from the mod Private Quarters with permissions as I love those tools and that mod.
  • All weird spells I can come up with. Autolooting of NPC, Creatures and chests, all divided into 2 spells.
  • I am lazy. Lazy people invent stuff to make life easier. I wanty to focus at fun stuff and as soon I feel something is boring, I do something about it. I make a spell or a quest that makes life easy to live. No one will force you to use any tools. Do what you want. If you want it simple or pure, do not touch any buttons or spells.
  • Spells are sold by 4 merchants. The 3 in the Fence and 1 that loves to be in my tent. She loves camping it seems. She goes out and eat with the rest and goes back inside the tent again. She sleeps there as well. Just let her do her thing.
  • Dynamic schedules for Companions. Let your companions do fun stuff. They do not wanna stay in doors when the sun is shining. Add them to 6 different schedules with a spell. They will gather resources, rake the farm from poo, guard and protect the whole area and fight for you. Well, the game has its limits. Sometimes they ignore threats. My companions has a bit increased aggression. My pets are very unreliable so I do not bring them to town. I do like some chaos so if they fight eachothers, well let them... :wink: Either that or they will stay boring. Oblivion do suck sometimes. We must take risks or stay bored.
  • I am trying to build the biggest library in Tamriel. Right now it has 2 main rooms with place for 540 books. The library is not dynamic. You cannot choose where each book will be placed. This is not Skyrim. It could be possible to make a dynamic book shelf in the future but now is not the right time for such experiments. I wish we could have a library that is dynamic and that can lock the books so our NPC do not steal them as they will steal all loose books. My companions steals anything, even my weapons from the Display Room. keep your companions out of that room if they are not flagged -> Skip Fallout behaviour - That flag is boring. I do not use it. I want my copmpanions to decide them self what to do and when to do it. They will steal my weapons if they follow me to the diplay room. So if stuff disapears, check your companions inventory as you will find the missing stuff there.
  • A new Faction - The Imperial Book Tracking Agency. Imperial? Well that is not true. All races is welcome to the order but it was formed to protect the world from the Book Burglars that roams everywhere.
  • The Book Burglars is a faction with a secret HQ somewhere. Things is not black and white. What is their true agenda? They are our enemy. They will pop up when you try to rebuild the library. They have become friends with many factions to be able to hide the books from us and they do that in every hole you can imagine, all over Cyrodiil. This is why the Imperial Book Trackjing Agency was formed, BTA. It is easier to say BTA as we all soon will know what BTA is.
  • BTA will guard and protect you and your library. If you get tired of their present, go to the Arcane University, to BTA HQ, tell the Lore Master to withdraw every agent from your property. All Agents and horses will slowly move back to IC. No big deal.If you want them back, just tell the Lore Master and he sends them back. It will not effect your relationship with BTA in any way. They will understand that you want privacy time to time. The farm is crowded as it is anyway. If you do not want to loin BTA then don't. They have a single quest so far and new to this mod. If they are at the house r not will not effect your war against the Book Burglars as it is personal. They broke in to the library wjile you sat in the Imperial prison so it was nothing you could do anyting about. It is what it is. You will take over an emppty library containing 5 new books or so. I lost count. It is 5 books I guess or very few and the Librarian is pissed. She do not like to work in an empty Library.
  • Library room number 2 updates per auto. When you visit a dungeon, the last cell, deepest as deep as you can get, a book or rather your report will get added per auto in a suitable shelf. What you see in that dungeon will be added to the book, briefly, with some vital simple info about ore (MOO ore veins) and location with a nice cover. Ignore the last page if you do not use MOO. When you close the book, you will get offered to be ported to the entrance outside the dungeon. To its map marker. If you do not wanna go, just click NO!!!

Ramps

I did mentioned ramps at point 2 and here it is. It works for chickens, cats, mammoths or rather everyone. It is not beautiful but I am not either so... :wink: it works, that is the point. I work too and I am functional. (As you have your eyes open right now, you also see smoke in the chimneys. Visit any town, look for smoke. report to me if you see any smoke in any chimneys at all in any NPC estate)

52079139060_ec2fd58daf_o.jpg

First in game test during dinner. When all left the balcony, they walked in a nice group down the ramp, following the path nice an slow. As it is a ramp, some feet will be inside the mesh, some above it. it is what it is. It is functional and that is all that matters here. If you want stairs, well delete the ramps and add stairs instead. I do not care... :wink: I see some companions. 2 or 3. They are on scheduled missions and will eat when everyone else eat, both indoors for breakfast and late supper and at the roof, lunch and dinner. If you leave your companions inside the main entrance room, they will stay there, doing boring stuff. Use your companions wisely. Let them work on the farm in all types of weather. They will love it and feel happy and they will be part of the whole community. If they would get lost, recall them. I have never lost anyone. They stay and do their duties daily. Buy the spell, add them to Schedule 1-6. Make them happy. Doing this for the companions was a goal from start. For me it is very important it work as smooth as possible. I love following them, to see what they are doing. They do not mind I check in to them really. The companions are those dressed in Gigadeux Armour with dark shields.

52022251026_d64301cca7_o.jpg

Paths and custom collisions in CSE of the ramps and the balcony on the roof. It all works so nice now that I can burst.

(To many screenshots - I have to stop editing now and move this to Nexus DL site - I hope there is no limits there.)

Old stair with a cow and a horse in problems. They are stuck and are desperate. Poor animals. I should be reported to any animal agency for animal beating. This is torture really.

52006737483_dc50d1d84c_o.jpg

What is in focus now?
The Library is focus now. Nothing else. The Library has a third room built for Anvil. Every town will have its own room in the future. When you do missions or quests for the citizens of Cyrodiil, the house will know about your actions and it will change with the players progress as the house is connected with the Lord. This is also very new and will be updated as long as I work with this mod and maybe it will never get completed? I need to take a break from the books and work on these smaller rooms around the Library area. I can only take a single step in a time. 2 years have gone for what? Well a big nasty mod that will grow bigger but it can have more content. Rebuilding the library will keep you busy for weeks hopefully. What is a lord anyway? Why use that fancy title? I could use Land Lord? the Estate Owner or the Caretaker but the house has a caretaker already so that title is taken. Everyone in the house hold work for the house. All are responsible for their expertise area. I would say every NPC is a boss over their own area. The Shop is not for free. You have to pay for every service you use in the house, if there is no stuff placed in the open, then it is free for anyone to use. Enchanting and spell making is not free anywhere. No merchants will give you anything for free. No training is for free. The house trainers charge the same sum as every trainer in the game.

After I have completed 21 quests today, the library shelf row 01 looks like this as the Book Burglars also carry random common books so then we can focus at the rare and skill books in our quest for glory, to make the Librarian happy. She is the one in the blue robe in the picture with the ramp after dinner break. You will have to deal with her a lot. If you do not like her, there is a button that starts quest 02-61 but you must speak with her about quest 01. She takes her job very seriously and I like that really and she likes me now as well. Who is the boss in the Library? You or her? Find that out for your self. Also peek at the painting closest to that dangerous door. What happens if we open that door? Where does it lead?

52079029809_4bf38e01ce_o.jpg

Map of the underground, put together in layers with gimp. It is very accurate: I do love such details. I am a navigator, coast skipper degree. Accurate sea charts are vital for life and death at sea.

51003142038_a80bab7537_o.jpg

The Dungeons and Book Burglars? A Clean Game? Conflicts?
I use the boring common Dungeons right now, the ones with low level critters and bugs. some have more interesting enemies but many are boring in the original game, well until now at least. I do not add stuff into a dungeon from CS or CSE (I did add a ladder to one dungeon cell but I consider to delete it and I do add a wall, door and a chest to Hrota Cave and it is impossible to change that as Hrota Cave is next to my library in game). I use scripts that adds stuff to each dungeon when you have the quest for it. I want to keep the game as clean as possible in this process. I do not need to explain it more than my goal is to keep the mod in balance with everyone else. No matter what other modder's is doing in these dungeons, my mod will not care, not until someone rebuild the dungeon and move the base meshes, everything will work just fine. My mod cannot conflict with changes others are doing, except in the area around the estate and the area around BTA HQ in the Arcane University area. The HQ is placed next to the Midas shop and I see no conflict between them in game. They fit together as a unit as far as I can see. Some mods must work smoothly together. I consider Midas as a popular and widely used mod.

Midas spell mod is disabled at this screenshot as my newest char do not use Midas nice spells. I can activate it so we see how these 2 mods cooperate perfectly.

52046574667_fef26b8c8e_h.jpg

MODS
I do have a list of mods, fixes and tools I want to share. Do not ignore the fixes if you want a stable game. Install them.

Look in the PDF or Description online as this is unreadable in this textformat

Mods and tools

Wrye Bash - The original mod manager made 2004 for Morrowind and now it supports all Bethesda games and it still gets updated and is still supported by Wrye and is the most well made one ever. I chatted with him not long ago at his support chat, asking him about my lost paintings that he endorced at UESP. :D
MOO - Best Oblivion mod ever made by the brilliant Maskar - Best Overhaul ever made. High performance too and it does not touch the game as it is all scripted. The game stays clean and stabile. Put this mod after Wrye Bash Patch, last in your loading order, well before my addons for it of course. It must run before my addon... :/ (Works great with OOO or MMM or WAC)
WAC - Adds so much fun stuff, animals, weapons, you name it. So fun mod. MOO and WAC works best together, not stand alone. :wink: Maskar strongly suggest that we use WAC with MOO to get all extra fancy and fun stuff in game. Both are Overhauls, and the best ones I ever used as it keeps the game balanced and not boring. Vanilla game is boring.
Ultimate Leveling - Choose between exp or skill leveling in the ini or from the in game menu. I prefer skills as exp makes no sense what so ever. I really hate exp based games as they do not make any sense at all. All skills counts. Main skills full points and minor skills 10%. So damn well made by Maskar, the author of MOO.

Bugfixes and tools

SkyBSA - If you use custom textures, you must use this to make them load in game, like Qarls retexture or any retexture.
EngineBugFixes - Bugfixes
Unofficial Bugfixes - Patch Oblivion
Unofficial Bugfixes for all DLCs and Oblivion - 3 all together? - Bugfixes SI as one example
ENBoost - Bugfixes
ENB v0.295 - Bugfixes
Performance Sounds - Bugfixes

More Cool and fun mods

Retros Fletching - Make your own arrows, from bones and other stuff you find. I love the bone arrow :D
Knights Revelation - Best Oblivion story and quest driven mod I guess. So fun to play and it made Knights DLC worth the money, as it was expensive to buy back then. You got not much for those money honestly... This mod makes Knights into a brilliant and fun DLC.
Frostcrag expansion - Takes you deep inside a new world. Extremely well made.
Archeology - The Lost Spires - Brilliant fun quest mod. (External DL)
Fighters Guild - Extra quests
Mages Guild - Extra quests
Adventurers Guild - Extra quests
The order of the Phoenix - My first quest dungeon from 2006 - I still like it but it only has 1h game play... :wink: Making such a dungeon takes a week and it is all over after 1h only.... :/
Qarls textures made 2006 - and they are still the best textures ever made with high performance, nothing gets better than he did it. He was the best artist we had 2006 and still is a genius. Old stuff does not mean bad stuff, as it means quality stuff. Highest quality ever. Trust me, I have tested plenty of them and flushed them again... Qarl tought me a lot 2004-2008, as we where in the same forum. If it was not for him, my mods would never existed. I guess we all need mentors that guide us. And once more: R.I.P Qarl. We miss you, a lot. DAMN!!!! We sure lost onne of the most brilliant person ever for this community... :/
Multi Enchants
FEA for arrow enchanting
Alchemy Enhanced or Advanced rather. - For better options and faster potion making - Instead of making 1 potion at a time, you can make batches of unlitied amount within a second. Faster brewing than this is impossible. Trust me.
OCO2 for better good looking NPC's
Blockhead to make OCO2 to work at all.
Apachi Wigs for both sexes

Bodies? This is a very personal area, and hard to say, use this or use that. I use HGEC and i do think it has the most variable armor and clothes made for it today. I used BAB 2006 but it is a bit old now, This body mod also has an underwear version and you can make your female chars and NPCs to have any form and size. Loads of different textures for this body as well. Look around and find the ones you like best really. Search for Body in the search field at Nexus mods and see.

My old char with BAB from 2006 or 2007, do not remember really...
13823-5-1194469355.jpg

Current char, Gigaduex Armor just released
51938-1651155505-598509291.jpeg

Gigadeux more dry surface
51938-1651406091-1162569185.jpeg

If you later want to use COBL and denock use OBSE or xOBSE max version v21.5 as 22.x do not work with denocking arrows. My own mod is based on COBL and all cool tools in it. I also made an addon for MOO. Not released yet but I do it very very soon, next week or so, 2 years of hard work all together. My goal is to let the game be much more funnier than it already is. This is my way to try that. 2 years development... https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9160783-wip-the-companion-friendly-hobbit-home

I do test the latest xOBSE right now with good results. I installed it last week. So far so good. My BUG report for xOBSE 22.x is now closed. OBSE works from 2013 but it is 9 years old. Idle knows what he is doing. xOBSE will be damn great and is great already. Still under development by Idle who knows OBSE more than anyone else. I hope he one day solve the string bloating issues with con_save. All modder's that use strings, must destruct them to keep the saves clean. That's the way it is now.

So much fun stuff. so much to do still. :D Peek for more in our Mod Section

Gigadeux armor? This is the original that I ported to Oblivion, with some help from SunlitEarth, with permissions from this very nice modder ZapgiL. Screenshots taken yesterday with a new char. Bonus picture: :D (I play Skyrim at weekends, 2-3 days. And also some Morrowind, for screenshots for my books. I can play Morrowind whenever I like. I do have a nice setup running.)
52072186122_049bd4cc75_k.jpg

Edited by Pellape