WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

I will keep changing and edit the previous posting. A lot of stuff needs to be added, like the addons. I think it is 8-9 addons all together, some conflicts with each others with different options. Some are not meant to be running at the same time. It is up to the player to use any addon and their specific requirements. if they did not had extra requirements, they would have been added in the main mod but I want it to be as clean as it is.

Main mod requiements are:

• Shivering isle
  • Knights of the Nine
  • Horse armour
  • COBL
Edited by Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was strolling in my library today and I did noticed it ran so smothly. Recording videos has not been working lately but I have tweaked windows with this video

So I thought, I better try it instaed of just walking around there doing nothing special, so I did hit Win-G and prayed to Mara and it worked. The sound is bad but that is nothing I can do anything about.

Welcome to my world - Where did the horses go?

Lets debate LAG. I do remove LAG by porting to my tent, stay there for 5 seconds and exit the tent. I will make a new recording of this video soon. I will not record through the USB drive next time. It will not be exact the same but similar. Lets watch all LAG and what I do about it when I arrive in Anvil. The main purpose of this video is to peek at the 2 looting spells. What happens if i try to loot my cat? Look at the top left side as I did target the cat by mistake. Recording cause a lot of LAG and so does this over filled cell. I would had been just fine if it was not for the recording session. Some LAG yes, but not like this.

I made a new video, moved the capturing from USB to my C drive and that made a huge difference really. I paste the whole video description here as well. Video is available in 15 min.

----------------------------------------------------

Less LAG than this is not possible on my computer.

After I mined that Topaz Vein, I decided to send the horses back to the farm as I did change my mind. They have a job to do together with the Agents and the whole crew at the estate. So I decided to give the horses my aid.

The purpose with this video is to show the looting system and we visit the new HQ where BTA stay over night when they are in Anvil and protect my property and hand over tips to my Librarian. I have to think about my staff as they feel more secure when BTA is around, specially my Librarian, that has a very tight relationship with BTA and she will get mad if i send them away. It is still up to each player to decide if they want to have BTA around or not.

The area is dangerous (When MOO is used with the addon for MOO, otherwise it is a boring park, looks nice but boring) I do show a lot of stuff from other mods and addon's I use. The pets will be released as an addon with my version of the lovely mod Private Quarters and I have permissions from the author to use it as I see fit. All tools from that mod is implemented in the main esp for this mod project and they are among the first scripts I ported 2020. The mods works nice together. Do use the private Quarters and my first fence merchants as well and some scrolls that will take you to these quarters are at the inn in Chorrol, just to left on some barrels. You need to steal one of them at the moment but I can change ownership to the player if that is a problem. The merchants in those quarters have some unique spells as well, specially for controlling the pets.

Be prepared that the Pets can get aggressive and cause havoc if you bring them to town. Use them Wisely.

I can never stop Babbling or typing, long monologues... I do have a lot to say about this room in this book. I guess a Library is so ultimate theme for this project and for myself, no wonder the Library is the centre of the museum, not like the Legacy of the Dragonborn where the Library is in the end of the house, hard to find as well... :wink: Well this is not about the Library...

52091139897_8eae97c4c4_b.jpg

What about me and books? I have not read a single book in many years really. I listen to audiobooks while i drive my car. :D Well no matter what you all think, books has always been a big part of TES. We did had a lot of Libraries in every main city of Daggerfall 1996 and in every mages guild with random books. We did not had skill books. If you did open a book, you did that to read them, not for skills. In ESO, we did hunt books for achievements. I guess everyone hunted them. Well all I had contact with in game at least.

Edited by Pellape

The most important book right now. Everyone will want to use the Display Room. Everyone should know what to do and what to not do in there, specially what not to do and if stuff go to hell, what to do about it. All answers is inside this book.

READ IT!!!

(If you plan to use the Display Room that is. This is Oblivion, not Skyrim, things is very different and works different and looks different and are used different. It is what it is. Read it or keep you mouth closed) :wink:

52094715567_eaeccb75ae_b.jpg

Maybe I should post the text here? I think it is best really.

--------------------------- The Inside of the book ---------------------------

The Display Room Manual
(Stay patient in this room. The timer is explained at page 4 - Read it)
Add a weapon
Add a weapon at the table
Go to a rack and click it or click the top button at the left divider
Wait max 10s before the weapon moves as it is the quest that decides when to move the weapon, nothing else. It can take a second or 10 seconds. Peek in the console what is going on or wait.
(read page 4)
Remove a weapon
Take it and keep it in your inventory for 10 seconds. It will be removed from the database at next update. If the weapon is not in the same room as Lord Goblum, the former Lord of the estate, it will be removed from the database.
Sneak and click the rack and click YES and the weapon will move next to the table, float a bit above the floor to avoid any contact in case it has a home made collision. ( Read more at page 4 )
The Display Room Timer
Why are real Display Racks and Display Rooms common in Skyrim and rare in Oblivion? I do think I know why. Let us see how Oblivion handle the weapons. Wielding them is no problems ever. Putting them inside a Bethesda boring Display Case works just fine. The racks then? Well it works mostly but...
The Display room is unique as it store your weapons in a database that updates every 10.2 seconds when you are inside this room. That time delay is chosen as that is the time it takes for a weapon to fall from the top rack, down and bounce at the floor and stop with a gravity mod I use for more natural gravity but I set it to 50% natural. I do not want to loose the Oblivion feeling completely and I like stuff to move as they do in this game but the original gravity sucks. Balanced gravity is best, not to much, not like the original from 2006 anyway.
Falling or raining weapons was an issue 1.5 years ago in this room. I kept that delay as it suits me. I guess we can change it to 3.1 or 5.1 seconds but it needs to be tested. Do we need to stress in this room? Well 10.2 seconds is a long time when we add a weapon the to weapons table.
Why the odd numbers? I try to spread out the quest updates. Not as it matter much as the quest script runs fast anyway when they run, I do not notice it, but I like micro-optimising if possible. Every frame counts. High Performance is vital in this room, not the speed to move stuff. Slow update rate make everything to work smooth and nice. A weapon that is moving, will not stop to move if we change the coordinates for it. It will keep moving from the new position. It must be still and solid when we move it. Making a weapon solid is done with a command and making it none solid is made with the same command.<p>
What do we do if problems occur?
Some player made weapons have odd collisions. If some of them would fall from a rack and hit the floor, we all will start falling, slowly, the player, the NPC's and Lord Goblum. If it happens, stay at a carpet, get out, save the game and reload it. Get back in to the Display Room, remove the broken weapon or try to add it back again but do not touch it again. It will stay at the rack hopefully.
Bows with broken or conflict collisions may break the floor when it get in touch with it. I seen 2 bows act odd so far. I will try to make a list of weapons that may break the floor. This is something I cannot do anything about and trust me, I tried for almost 2 years to fix this but now i give up. Bethesda weapons and most of the MOO and WAC weapons works perfect as they get solid when we add them. Some player made weapons refuse to be solid and they will fall off the rack or conflict with the rack collisions. <p>
Have you ever wondered why we do not have weapon racks in Oblivion? I think I know why. How does weapon racks work in Skyrim? I do not know. All i know is that they work perfect. Skyrim and all home mods are filled with Racks. You can find racks in 2 mods and 1 is broken and the other lower the performance. I use both those mods as references in this Room. I had to remake everything to make it work more proper at least.
The Old Lord: Lord Goblum
He is now transformed into, well a beast? He looks like a goblin. Who knows what he is. He cannot leave this room - EVER!! I made sure he stays here. try to kill him. He will ignore it. Just let him be really as it is not meant for us to harm him but if we do, it will not matter. We will maybe find a cure for his condition one day? He is lucky right now as he do not know better and he likes being in this room. If he gets cured one day, will he still be happy? It is best to leave him for now.
if you manage to make him leave the room, it will fall apart. be careful. Still, do what you want. You are warned.
------------------------- END -------------------------
Did CS just crashed when i tried to save the changes. Yes it did. Does it matter? Nope. It made a crash backup. It is all just fine. :D Will the Display Room make a crash Backup too? Nope, it will not. Be gentle with it.
Edited by Pellape

I will avoid stressing this project before the first release.

I remember the last week of The Caldera Ancient Mine project. It was 2 weeks before Oblivion was released and I wanted the Morrowind Community to spend the last week inside my mine.

The video speaker and maker of this video did mention that the quest was not the best, no wonder, when I made it, I was in a panic state, it had to be released 1 week before Oblivion came or no one would played it. I succeeded keeping that date I had set, to what cost? 2 years of development? Yes it was 2 years between I started the project until the release, for a simple 6-8 cell dungeon.

I will not allow myself again to get stressed. The Hobbit Home still needs some love and testing. The legacy of the Champion rather. It is a bloody Elephant, so big. Still some stuff bothers me. Why does not that mage follow me when I tell hher to come with me in that last video I made from the mod? Why does not the permissions work properly in the Anvil basement? I must figure this out. It can even be a game bug.

The mage

When I look at the variables, the dialogue and the quest variables, it looks perfect. I did not made a typo like adding BTAAGENT003 instead of BTAAGENT004. She is agent number 4. Every code or item related to her following the player is number 4. I have 12 agents and it is easy to mix them up but I have made them in a systematic environment to prevent such mistakes. The whole process is very systematic made. I am chaos himself. I am not organised at all. I am NOT a pedant. I am chaos himself. It is only with Chaos you can make something like this. It is made from a chaotic brain, no doubt. Still, everything is sorted systematic.

Lets make a bloody mess. Throw stuff around, move every item in the whole kitchen, which will make my GF a bit pissed off as she will find nothing. Will i find stuff? I do not know... Maybe? Where did i see the stuff the last time? Stuff is dynamic. If everything is dynamic, anything is possible. Can we create order from Chaos? Yes we can.

When the scientists debate time travel, they use a model. Lets build a sand castle. Every corn will have its own place and position. Use your feet, destroy the castle structure... Will you be able to create it back as it was? Or will it repair it self?

Will we be able to travel back in time? Not a chance, that is impossible.

Will we be able to travel forward in time? Yes. But we can never return back again. Time goes forward, not backwards ever.

If we where able to travel back in time, where would we end up? Lets say we jump 6 moths back from Iceland. Will we end up on the other side of the sun in Iceland? i doubt that. We would end up at the same spot, in empty space, where the Earth will be in 6 months. We cannot travel faster than light or at light speed. There are tricks to make however, like they do in Star trek, with the Warp. The Warp is an Universe in it self, a bauble with no contact with our universe.

What happen with mass at light speed. Well figure that out your self. I have a mod to make and finish and I am tired of this monologue. :D I have typed so much rubbish now for 2 days in a row and I got nothing done really. I am so lazy.

The basement

I will look at it now. i guess it is a faction rate setting.

Edited by Pellape

The basement.

The Anvil basement ownership was set to the book burglars instead of the book tracking agency. They are next to each others in the factionlist.

Look here:

Edited by Pellape

Is it normal to find Hyenas inside the Cyrodiil Sewers? I met 2 there. How did they end up there? I was so surprised, I almost forgot to attack hem.