WTF happened to my characters face?

lovnov

So I have 2 PC's and I just got on my primary PC after playing Skyrim SE on my other one. I had made a character and thought it looked pretty good but now that I get on this one she looks freakish. Got the same mods basically so I don't know what the cause is. Any help is appriciated!

ScreenShot3.png?width=400&height=225ScreenShot0.png?width=400&height=225

Pic is way too small, can't see anything, clicking on it leaves it the same size.

1. Take a screenshot, save it
3. drag your screenshot to the CHOOSE IMAGES button on the webpage
4. copy the DIRECT LINK link from the resulting page once your image uploads.
5. Come back here and click REPLY or NEW POST or whatever it is....
6. Click the IMAGE icon in the toolbar when you're editing your message
7. Copy the URL of the DIRECT LINK you copied from the postimg.cc website into the URL filed in the IMAGE popup, click OK

"Got the same mods basically"

but not "exactly" ?

This PC is more powerful so I have some slightly better graphics mods + a more complex ENB. I do remember my characters face looking kinda like it does now when I downloaded "Unique Character" from the nexus. I deleted the mod and it resolved it self. Maybe that helps you help me with this haha.

"Got the same mods basically"

but not "exactly" ?

This PC is more powerful so I have some slightly better graphics mods + a more complex ENB. I do remember my characters face looking kinda like it does now when I downloaded "Unique Character" from the nexus. I deleted the mod and it resolved it self. Maybe that helps you help me with this haha.

Yea, stuff like this is very touchy, unless you're using the exact same mods, then your character won't look the same.

That's why when people download character presets, a lot of people complain that "My character doesn't look like your" after they download and install them.

Also, is your load order on BOTH computers Exactly the same?

Assuming the file called Screenshot3 is what she should look like, I can see a couple of things, and as HadToRegister said, it boils down to not using the same mods. To narrow down the issues, first, it looks like you're using a different skin texture, and most importantly, in the newer screenshot you're definitely using a different normal map - most skin texture mods I know do not have custom normal maps for Orcs, instead they use the vanilla one. However, it looks like whatever skin you had on the first computer did have custom normal maps for Orcs, so that would be the biggest difference. The second thing I noticed is that it looks like the facemesh is different. You were probably using some higher-poly mesh, or maybe a mod like Expressive Facegen Morphs. Alternatively, you may have used RaceMenu's sculpt tab, which I find often does not get saved fully in presets - you can fix this by separately exporting the sculpt preset in the sculpt tab of Racemenu (just like you would a regular Racemenu preset) and loading that along with the regular preset on your new computer.

• 2 months later...

I know it has been a super long time and I do appriciate all the people that tried to help but I scrapped that save and reimagined my character but with a similar idea. This time I went a little more heavy on the mods and this is what she looks like now if anyone is interested!

Screen-Shot5.png

Edited by lovnov