Fallout 4 Patented: What we wanna see brought over from NV

SMB92

I want Bethesda to abandon the Fallout IP and give it to Obsidian, unconditionally.

Seeing as that will never happen, I hope they let Obsidian make it.

And seeing as that will never happen, I hope they decide not to make Fallout 4.

'Cause there's no situation in which I can see a Bethesda-made Fallout 4 not having terrible animations, characters that look like they were dropped on their faces, writing that makes me want to crawl in a hole and die and a story that is an affront to the Fallout lore.

But that's just me being a negative Nancy.

This ^^^^

I don't want them doing to Fallout what they've done to the Elder Scrolls.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True that lol. I still think Obsidian should pull their finger out of their backside and learn how to make a clean game.

Dude, you know that Bethesda did the QA on New Vegas, and that Lucas Arts was responsible for TSL being the hot mess it was?

Alpha Protocol is really the only game they've made that was really buggy with no excuses, and it's not like AP was entirely without merit.

They will make another Fallout and I am glad if not only because I look forward to what modders can do with the new technology and to build upon the base assets for the game.

I can't look at New Vegas or Fallout 3 anymore without thinking about the filenames and parent directories of every single .nif in the world. It kind of destroys the experience of playing the game. My own fault, of couse, but a new fallout game is like...i dunno what kind of apt metaphor to use.

Yet unsullied by prying eyes that would see it deconstructed for knowledge's gain?

@Because - Yeah I know about LA pulling the plug early and that, but still either way, we can blame both Beth and Obsidian, Obsidian for crappy implementation and Bethesda for just barely giving a damn. Imagine, how would Obsidian build a F4? Base it on GameByro again? Or even attempt to upgrade it XD? Let them design the plot and all, no worries, let Bethesda build it, and give it to CryTek for implementation XD. No, looks like it's Bethesda all the way from here. Maybe we will see a NV2 on the new engine Bethesda puts out ;)

NCR? Why are you people talking about the NCR? Hello there is no NCR on the east coast? New California Republic??? And the NCR did not reach Arizona that is Legion territory. Now if you're skipping ahead to the future and saying as a result of some of the events of FONV that the NCR does eventually encompass Arizona then I could buy that. However there better be lots of background story on the lore and put in a lot of badass actions on the part of the NCR cause that's gonna take a lot of "Wild West" to spread a stable government that far in a universe like Fallout. Man it's manifest destiny all over again, post apocalyptic style. Seriously though if you wanna see the NCR reappear again you'd better go and buy a copy of FO4 and get everyone you know and their dogs and cats to go and buy a copy too. That way Bethesda Game Studio's parent company Bethesda Softworks/Zenimax can have that extra cash flow so they'd be inclined to get another outside developer involved (please please say Obsidian) and make FO 4.5 cause you know 4.0 is all about the East Coast. The powers that be didn't go and let "Three Dog" leaked that little tidbit so he can go and report on West Coast News East Coast style. He could... but I don't think so.

@klearyc - Fair enough really, I really would like to see a NV2 myself, like a little way into the future from the current story :).

True that lol. I still think Obsidian should pull their finger out of their backside and learn how to make a clean game.

Urquhart said in a recent interview that they're aware of the problem and they don't want to get a name as a buggy developer, their last game wasn't broken so maybe they are addressing the issue. They were really up against it with New Vegas, Bethesda didn't give them anywhere near enough time to make it and were less than helpful when it came to getting things approved, it's a minor miracle they managed to finish it in that time, I'm not surprised it was full of bugs.

I really hope they do get their act together. Bethesda on the other hand need to wake up to themselves and realize that their games are in dire need of improvement, and as of Skyrim, i'd say they still can't get it right XD (don't mind me I'm just not a fan of Skyrim lol.)

There should be a petition to get Obsidian to work on the game again. Mainly because of that silly 140 mod limit.... Doubt it would ever happen now though.