[Question] Texture Mods and PC upgrades.

dbwolfy

Hey hey,

FIrst, my pc specs.

Phenon II X4 955

4GB ram

Radeon HD 5830

If I try to play Skyrim with the default Hi-res texture pack, the game becomes unplayable, my memory caps at 2gb, and the rest goes to the system.

My mod list includes things like Open Cities, SkyRe, Frostfall, Realistic Needs, UNP and Better Males, Improved Armos, Amidian Book of silence, etc.

The game is playable at around 40fps if I dont have the default Hi-res pack active.

Now my question is, would just a memory upgrade be enough to allow me to run the Hi-res textures? Or would I need to upgrade the video card, etc?

I can only up my memory to 8GB, the mobo won't accept more than that, but considering the game would only use 4GB max, that should be fine.

hi!

if you run W7 64, yes go for 6 gb ram minimum or 8 if you can, then a GC with 1/1.5 gb vram will do the job, then bigger is better ;).

the official texture pack is buggy, it's may be also the issue, there is a patch on Nexus, the good thing is that it's made by Arthmoor/uesp the modder who made...Open cities :) which is huge, because is purpose is to open cities :P but it change many things in term of line of sight etc... so you must have fps drop near big cities, with the upgrade it will, obviously, be better.

@@