Alchemy Shop

ArZaKoN

First of all, I'm not a native english speaker. Sorry for any mistake.

Hi, I don't want to start a rant about how good or bad were mods back in Morrowind times, but even though I must say that while we have a whole load of awesome mods for a wonderful game, there are little mods regarding jobs/businesses for peaceful/roleplaying experiences. For example, there were farming mods, guild jobs or even a small mod I remember giving you a small weekly income according to your current guild level. Oblivion had his own businesses mods as well (a winery, your own guild, and so on). Skyrim has currently two nice mods, the Ciderhouse and the Brewery, both of them by Katixa (thanks, by the way, if you ever read this), but that's not enough, at least not for me.

So, after a long introduction, there are several jobs or businesses which could be added through modding to Skyrim, but I'm particularly fond of alchemists, so here's the idea.

- Be able to buy a house, no matter if it's inside a city or along a main road, where you can start your alchemist career.
- Homebrew potions allocated in a specific barrel/chest/generic container would be sold while the player spends time attending the shop. The amount of potions should be linked more or less to the Speech skill and the relevant perks; also, if possible, spending time working at your shop could possibly improve Speech skill. Work time should be off-scene (like resting or something like that).

- Be able to buy decorations, better equipment or whatever addition to improve your business daily selling limit (which, as I said, should also be influenced by Speech skill; high speech+high investment=higher profit).

- Have some sort of ingredient bulk purchasing system. In order to prevent massive amounts of ingredients being bought (creating hundreds of expensive potions sold to Skyrim merchants), the bulk system should be somewhat limited. For example, ordering ingredients should take some time (a week or so), and there should be limits on ingredient availability as well as a limited amount of every ingredient per order.

That would be the main ideas, but for the lazy and "I want free money from businesses", a hired vendor or even hired alchemists coudl be added to make it self-sufficient, although I must admit I've never really liked self-sufficient business mods; nevertheless, most people like the business mogul theme.

I'm a terrible modder. I've played Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. I did little mods for every game (except Daggerfall), but I've never been a great modder; I don't even know how to use any of the scripting editors. That's why this is a request.

If anyone really feels like modding this, I'd be really greatful; if not, well, at least there's the idea for future modders.

Edited by ArZaKoN