Fallout 3 Rivet City Bridge FPS Dip when Looking at Jefferson Memorial

xNoahx1313

Hi guys, I was just playing Fallout 3 and I noticed that when I stood on the bridge at Rivet City and looked at the Jefferson Memorial, there was an fps drop. It seems that i get a constant 60 fps anywhere else in the wasteland. My system specs are high end (GTX 670 FTW, Intel i7 3770k, 16GB of DDR3 RAM) and I have the stutter remover and I enabled my exe to use 4GB of RAM with CFF Explorer. However, I do have the NMC Performance Texture Pack enabled, but I do not think that should cause fps issues with my hardware. I was wondering if there was a solution to this and if anybody else has this issue aswell.

(I forgot to mention that I play the game maxed out)

Edited by xNoahx1313

looking at the Jefferson memorial fro many where really, you should see a drop. why? because there are two sets of maps sitting there.

in that direction you have a fire on a platform, flames running and as the other user responded, fade effect controls pulling in this data into view so the game and the machine will struggle trying to display all of that.

one B4 the take it back quest when no water and Enclave barriers are present ,the objects are always there, and the other is when you completed the quest stage and now are into Broken steels maps. you saved game contains the instructions to dismissive and disregard objects set to be NOT displayed, but they are there, what you see in FPS drop is the game adjusting these facts, or, you would still see objects in full view still standing there like nothing ever occur, the water pouring into the catch from the project purity Pipes. the Enclave fences, and the markers every where for spawn points, super mutants.

kitty.

a few mods with a lot of visual effects in places that-have others disabled in favor of the new placements also cause a drop.http://imageshack.us/a/img259/1218/fpsdrop2.jpg

Edited by Purr4me

Follow up linked posts showing the layouts in that direction.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/909291-did-i-find-some-insane-secret/&do=findComment&comment=7415990

on that thread there is another shot as well. later on I will post a link to a shot showing all the things you don't see that will allow some better understanding of the amount of data the camera does in fact see but you don't.

Kitty.