Spoiler

Congrats to you Lazyluna678:) 

Lazyluna678

Lazyluna678

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
In response to post #85809718. #85859528 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Thank you Kiwihine

Loveblanket

Loveblanket

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
Don't feel bad, I remember playing The Hobbit when it came out as well. If I remember it even came with a paperback version of the book in the box. It was amazing how the areas weren't just static, but they used some trickery to make it feel like there were actually npc's moving around of their own will. Pretty impressive for 1982. Now I'm going to have to see if I can find that somewhere as abandonware. 

TheTokenGeek

TheTokenGeek

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 437 posts
In response to post #85895098.

Spoiler

Glad to see another retro gamer on here! :D

If you jump on We The Players then let me know, I'd love to see a collection of all your nostalgic games. :)

I don't feel bad, in fact, I feel quite privileged. We've witnessed video games in their entirety. We've seen them from pong to the wonders that they can be today! I love video games. They break the veil of reality, and whisk us away from the crap that is happening today. Escapism at it's finest. 

Loveblanket

Loveblanket

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
In response to post #85895098. #85953623 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

It's truly been a wild ride. When I was born my parents had a pong and an Atari 2600 and in 1983, I believe, got an IBM PC. It's been amazing how gaming has evolved. It's even more amazing how many games from that era are still surprisingly good. I'll definitely check out We the Players. Cheers! And here's to many more years of seeing this amazing form of art continue to grow.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.976 seconds