modded game crashing west of fort greymoor

<p>I am having issues with my game crashing when I explore the areas between fort greymoor and sleeping tree camp. I have about 80 mods and I'm not certain what's causing my issues. I am relatively new to nexus and vortex so I may need some guidance on how to find my load order and other such things that you may need to help me. </p> Edited by Insertcreativeusernamehere

1)Simply disable mods one by one and go into game to see if it helps to find which mod causes problem.(Or disable last half mod;line them in date order and try or you can specificly target a mod if you remember when this problem started.)

2)Be sure you are not using any Oldrim mods for SSE.Also be sure all plugins are enabled in Vortex plugin menu.

3)Disable everything and go into game like that.

4)Think if you downloaded any mod that alters that areas.

5)Go nexus vortex help.Read some guide.

6)Simply dont download mods without reading comment section,%90 someone encountered same problem or conflict between mods and talking about it.Especially if its a building or space altering mod.

ok I have good news and bad news!

bad news.... I still have the issue after disabling all but fnis and alternate start.

the good news! I managed to get close to the the area that crashes with freecam!

at the location was a single skeleton just sitting there.... menacingly... and when I disabled him in the console everything was fine! now my issue will be having to figure how and why he is causing issues. here are some screenshots

Your crash is caused by RaceMenu, specifically version 0.4.15.
Check the RaceMenu mod page to see a list of known locations and events that I have put together, that cause issues with that latest RaceMenu version and the area west of Ford Greymoor, east of the Sleeping Tree Camp is one of them.

Look and see if you have update RaceMenu recently to that version. If so : roll back to former version ( 0.4.14 ) and wait for a fix.

I'm sure Expired is working on a fix as we speak.

Cheers
-=DD=-

Your crash is caused by RaceMenu, specifically version 0.4.15.

Check the RaceMenu mod page to see a list of known locations and events that I have put together, that cause issues with that latest RaceMenu version and the area west of Ford Greymoor, east of the Sleeping Tree Camp is one of them.

you were right! it seems that racemenu 0.4.15 doesnt like skeleton mages and would CTD when one spawned. there is always one at that place and it also broke if I ever spawned one in the console!

thanks for telling me! now might my insight into it being that creature might be helpful to the mod author?

This crash was / is caused by RaceMenu, version 0.4.15. Please update to version 0.4.16

Version 0.4.16

Fixed crash introduced in 0.4.15 affecting a wide variety of areas, essentially any cell containing actors who don't have Character Creation data, e.g. Draugr