Wearable Magic Staves

barding

Yo.

I'd love to see a mod which makes magic staves visible on your character's back, when equipped but sheathed, or favourited (if you're using the 'geared up' enabled .ini tweak, as I am). Rather than them just disappearing into your character's invisible bag of holding. I find it to be quite a big immersion breaker, to be honest.

I'd imagine this'd be quite a simple mod to implement, but I've looked around and not quite found anything that fits the bill. It existed as an option in Armed To The Teeth, but that mod's a little obsolete now, what with the 'Geared Up' tweak.

Sure, there's the 'Staves of Skyrim' mod, which is fantastic, but not quite right, as it uses the shield slot, and presumes a relatively full-on-mage kinda character: one who'd always be carrying their staff. What I'm looking for is something that'd fit a spellsword kinda character, who might carry a staff like other adventurers would carry a bow: to give them a bit of ranged firepower, without expending magicka.

Would anyone be willing to make this sort of mod, or direct me towards a mod which already does it?

Thanks!

The Dual-Sheath plus Shields on Back mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17746) already does this. It will work in conjuntion with an equipped shield, and has various options for weapon placement. (I tend to prefer having swords sheath on my character's back.)

If you're using custom skeletons, you will also need the custom skeleton replacer, also found on the nexus.