What happened to Origins?

I3uryme

So I just recently got into modding NMS and I grabbed that Origins overhaul mod. Just updated it a few days ago, tried asking the author about his other mod that on his page said he was working on, I believe, but then did some research and had seen that it had been released before but was taken down and I couldn't find why anywhere. Anyway never got a reply from him and today I went to make sure there wasn't any updates for the origin mod and now it's gone. Does anyone have any ideas? or could point me to where he updates what he's doing more? Thanks in advance. I seemed to have been ignored when I asked him about it in the mods forum. All I want to know is if that one that was released before is being worked on and is planned on releasing or if this "origin" mod is the main project and why it's not up now.

i assume you are referring to the Odyssey one by Redmas? if so i was wondering about that too, went on today to check for a update and found that not only the mod page, but his discord for it was deleted with no explanation as too why, damn shame, really was looking forward to what he was doing for the game. still using the latest version of the mod prior to it being deleted.... so i can atleast enjoy that till it gets outdated.

not entirely sure, but something bad has gone down, Redmas has completely disappeared.... discord is gone, mod has been deleted.... i hate when amazing mods like this disappear, it added so much to NMS, and it is entirely possible Redmas just got sick of all the hate, if any (which is highly likely), he was getting, i honestly hope that is all it is, and not something worse...

found this on reddit, sad to see him go, but if it isn't fun to do anymore then that is that... I am devasted, ithink i did some sort of burnout and i deleted both. That was too much work, plus bad conditions to work with. I ll take the time necessary to work on this on my free time, otherwise i ll do more burnout. I am very sad for the discord members. I regret it very badly.

damn well thanks Solgath..... i agree it was a great mod, game wont be the same without it. its too bad it had to end that way, he was such a talented mod author. guessing we wont be getting his world generation mod either then. far as it goes for hate, i dont know how anyone could hate on the guy, he did the game some serious justice and completely out of his own choice, but im glad to hear hes ok, was very worried something worse had happened too him.

That's a sad to hear that Redmas has left the building so to speak, but it's a lot of work having to redo his mods after each update and everything else that goes with it. I'll steer clear of that subject as it's for the best but I feel he's not the only one who will leave.

HG's need to pull their thumb out and release proper modding tools. Why do we have a DISABLEMODS.TXT file with *If this file exists, no mod banks will be loaded.* yet we have no mod tools? :ermm:

Anyway I'm not surprised he gone, respect! :cool:

found this on reddit, sad to see him go, but if it isn't fun to do anymore then that is that... I am devasted, ithink i did some sort of burnout and i deleted both. That was too much work, plus bad conditions to work with. I ll take the time necessary to work on this on my free time, otherwise i ll do more burnout. I am very sad for the discord members. I regret it very badly.

Thanks so much for the info, Solgath! I've been using Redmas's overhauls for a while now and man, what a difference they make! Just having that teleporter in my freighter alone, makes it worth installing! lol Sorry to see this just go away but it's a video game and no game is worth someone's state of mind and quality of life suffering. It's supposed to be 'fun' and when it's not? Remember, this is the modders hobby, not their job. They don't get paid for this and anyone who gripes about someone ELSE, doing THEM a favor? Is an ingrate and not deserving of this resource. I ALWAYS thank the modders and Endorse their mods as a token of my appreciation, as opposed to bitching about something that's...free.

I hope he comes back but in a happier frame of mind. He's an awesome guy for doing all this for us, all this time and I sincerely hope he's ok and goes back to having fun and enjoying himself again. Cheers! :smile:

Edited by Lhotse5

exactly, I'm all for taking care of ones self first, just the suddenness of it was worrying, I'm happy i could help relieve peoples mind on it, and i also hope he returns when he is feeling better, i totally get the burnout when it comes to some games.

I'm not surprised he burnt out, he was uploading every single day since the update dropped as my download folder can attest. He was constantly fixing bugs and adding in features from the old backlog, I honestly was amazed and wondered how he managed it. I guess that explains it... I kind of wish he'd left it up for people and simply announced a break since it more or less still works and I'm sure people would understand... But it's whatever's best for him. HG should really just hire him at this point, they've already implemented a bunch of his mods in game and they make the game so much more playable...