Bug With Aiming Animations: Any Fix?

adz147

Hey guys,

I have played New Vegas modded for a good year and a half now. Until approximately 6-months ago I had managed to keep the game playing smooth and relatively-bug free, but ever since I have this strange bug where whenever I aim, with ANY weapon, the weapon seems to twist, or take some sort of irregular path on the way to bring the sights up to eye-level. This is quite hard to explain so bear with me and hopefully I will try to link a video to this which will be much simpler to understand. Basically, I want back the old, vanilla way of aiming the weapon. Any weapon I use appears to do a small radius barrel-roll to the left before lining up. To clarify, the weapons aim when fired is not affected, my concern lies in the animation issue.

Even after I deactivate all of my mods in the Nexus Mod Manager the CTD error persists which has lead me to suspect the problem lies somewhere hidden in the hideous overgrowth of the game directory, right?

While I have attempted to fix this issue for a good couple of months I have found no fix. I imagined it was a bug with Weapon Animations Replacers (obvious first guess), but I deactivated this and the bug still persisted. I have NO other mods that I believe could affect animations - no poses mods either. Hopefully when I can recover from a separate conflict currently CTD'ing me I will some media content to this thread in which I will be able to show the fault more clearly. Someone MUST have experienced this before...

Can anyone think of a solution for this in the meantime? Because I can't. At this point it should be something related to the .ini files in the game directory, that's my best guess.

Summary: Hip to sight alignment misanimated, unidentifiable fix, not a smooth animation.

Edited by adz147

I've seen a few people have this error in a few different ways and all with different but typical fixes.

First things first post an LO. Then go to the meshes folder in the data directory and search .kf and .ks - these are animation files. Cut and paste them somewhere for now.

So the game crashes in vanilla on loadup or after play? If loadup reverify the cache and reset your ini files by deleting them - FIRST MAKE SURE THAT YOU COPY ANY CUSTOM CHANGES LIKE FONT TO A TEXT FILE TO SAVE PAIN LATER.

Now attempt to run the game and report back to this thread and we will go from there.