The Path of Knowledge: Neloth Glitch

Turmate

I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this problem. There was a site that acknowledged the existence of the glitch, but I haven't found a single answer to the problem

What basically happens is, in the quest "The Path of Knowledge", I am required to return the Steam Supply to the Dwemer area where the Black Book is held. Once I enter the boiler area, Neloth simply stands there and does not move. It has been extremely frustrating trying to find an answer to this issue.

Another glitch I dealt with was the issue of "Floating Up" to the area where you first meet Neloth. It wouldn't float up. I simply typed "tcl" in the console and got up there, but I fear that there is a pattern with the Dragonborn DLC that will have me see more glitches in the future.

Thank you for any help

Edited by Turmate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this problem. There was a site that acknowledged the existence of the glitch, but I haven't found a single answer to the problem

What basically happens is, in the quest "The Path of Knowledge", I am required to return the Steam Supply to the Dwemer area where the Black Book is held. Once I enter the boiler area, Neloth simply stands there and does not move. It has been extremely frustrating trying to find an answer to this issue.

Another glitch I dealt with was the issue of "Floating Up" to the area where you first meet Neloth. It wouldn't float up. I simply typed "tcl" in the console and got up there, but I fear that there is a pattern with the Dragonborn DLC that will have me see more glitches in the future.

Thank you for any help

Listen!!! I don't know if you already fixed the glitch or quit the game -_- I just got here to search for a solution to fix the neloth not moving problem!

BUT somehow I fixed it!( so listen to me everyone who have the glitch with neloth not moving ) NOTE* it worked for me not sure if it will work for you!

just forget "FOR A WHILE" about the quest continue playing the game doing other quests, then return to it (in my game neloth wasn't there anymore) so I got to the gate where he supposed to open

waited for a few hours using hot key "T" and he appeared at the gate so I could continue with the quest!

I hope it will fix your problem as it did fix mine!