Sanguine Justice

I and several others are encountering a glitch that prevents the "buy house" option from ever showing up in any town, regardless of mods we are using or stages of quests we are at. I think a simple workaround for this could be made, but I have no knowledge of scripting and therefor can't make the mod myself. I'd like a mod that enabled the house-buying diaologe options automatically, without any quests or thane-status requirements. I can't think of anything else that would fix this.

• 2 months later...

I have also just noticed that I'm also experiencing this exact same very anoying glitch too, a mod that could fix this would be great but a patch to correct the issue would be even better, thankfully it looks like nothing else is affected you just don't don't get offered the options to purchase any of the vanilla houses even if you've already met all the current requirements and have enough gold on hand :(

• 2 weeks later...

Also experiencing this. I've worked around all the mods in my game, but I can't bring myself to trying removing all of them; and I can't re-install Skyrim... I've gone too far in this game to attempt a fresh start. I suspect that custom races might be the issue revolving around this.. But I can't say that for sure. We really need someone to fix this, it's become unbearable. Let's hope a fellow Dovah will come to the homeless heroes' aid.

• 1 year later...

No, I have ALL the latest unofficial patches and it still occurs. I've also cleaned every mod, COMPLETELY uninstalled/reinstalled the game making sure the uninstall/reinstall was clean, started a new clean game with no mods, etc., have the latest SKSE, still bugged. I'm pretty sure the ONLY way this will EVER stop happening is for a bugfix mod.

• 5 months later...

Also experiencing the house buying option missing bug. I tried everything I could think of and I still can't buy houses, and I wonder if this would prevent me from becoming thane in any of the major holds? I'm thane in whiterun, however, I just cannot buy breezehome. I have the money, I prompt dialouge around store shop hours and still no option to buy the house.

• 1 year later...

Hi - just wondering if anyone ever did anything about this issue - I've been having it for some time too now - done all the quests, the jarl (in whiterun) has made me Thane and said I can buy property, Lydia says she wants a house and there's one available, but no option to buy or upgrade from the Steward Aventus. Rifton same thing - quests done, people helped, Jarl says I'll make you Thane, but buy a house first, and still no option from the steward there...

Awfully frustrating. Can't adopt kids because I have no house (other than player homes which for some reason don't count).

I'd dearly love to see a fix for this. I love this game to bits, but it does have some irritating quirks, such as this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Cheers

Sledge

Edit: Just found this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14505/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D14505&pUp=1

Seems to have fixed Rifton - I've yet to check whiterun.

Edit 2: Whiterun seems to be bugged still - can't get into the house... Other houses are available to me now however, thanks to the mod, but because the stewards aren't offering the purchase option, I also don't get the upgrade options. Which simply means, accepting the houses as configured by the mod mentioned above.

Edited by Sledge1964