Mod request for an underground house at "The Northern Stairs"

smolderingchipmunk

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well.

I am playing Oblivion currently and found a set of stairs a little bit northwest of of Cloud Ruler Temple. I thought it was a strange place for a set of stairs that go nowhere. Thinking about it the Oblivion team must have had some intention for this place and it was probably abandoned before release. I checked the building mods section and there was nothing for a building there that I could find.

File:OB-place-Northern_Stairs.jpg

https://obmap.uesp.net/?x=4464&y=167328&zoom=16

More info here under the heading "The Northern Stairs": https://obmap.uesp.net/?x=4464&y=167328&zoom=16

I have modded for Morrowind but not for Oblivion since this is my first time through. I never learned how to mod buildings in Morrowind since I could'nt quite get the outside door to internal cell to work quite right. I wanted to know if someone could put a stable and a Nord house there or possibly an underground house such as Deepscorn Hollow but not necessarily a good or evil home with a map marker once you find it. Or perhaps a loot storage vault for the Hero. I find that with home Mods along with in-game houses and such, I often find Loot that I don't want to get rid of so readily and would like a place to store things as I find that a lot of in game houses don't have much in the way of storage containers. It would be cool if there were a quest to restore the place to livable condition too.

Thanks for your consideration. Have a great day.

Edited by smolderingchipmunk

• 2 months later...

But did you really follow the tutorial at the CS Wiki? I mean we will help you in the Oblivion Construction Set and Modders to get a bloody door to work for sure. ;) Just get started with CS and follow the turorial as it is damn fun to do it your self as soon as you made it and it will become exactly as you want it to. I know as I work on my own house right now, that is also under ground and it is almost funnier then playing the game

I got the same problem in Skyrim 2011, but I never started to try to mod it until I reached the end of it around 2012 and then I started to got bored with it. I couldn't make a door to work as the doors in that game do not work the same way as they do in Oblivion and Morrowind and I thought, I go Elsewear. I think TES 3 and 4 have much more in common then with TES 5 that is so strange, at least for me but it might be that it is much more object oriented then the older games. Modding Oblivion and Morrowind is extremely similar in almost everything with some smaller diffs...