Required bits and pieces in a body replacer mod?

VulcanTourist

I guess you're right that I would have to use the 1stperson NIFs from the origin body (which means permissions to include them)

You're going to need permissions to use the main parts of the origin body anyway, so that's not really an issue.

The 1stperson NIFs would be installed as a vanilla replacer by the requirement and would be available by default to the body replacer, since it, too, replaces files, but in this case replaces those from the required mod... except for the 1stperson NIFs if those are excluded

Theoretically, not including the 1st person meshes shouldn't matter because the vanilla meshes won't be overwritten in any way, and they would be the ones to show up in-game. And now that I think about it, I don't know why it would matter, because most body replacers aren't really focused on the arms, are they? :wink:

I think I need to spelunk some other popular replacers and see if any include 1stperson NIFs or do what I theorized above

Some include them, some don't (I already looked). In my setup, both the male and female bodies did include the 1stperson meshes, so I can't say how it works; and I'm not at home to test it right now.