Screen goes white/FPS drops/sound goes off when I fall

TuffMcKagan

Exactly as the topic title states, this glitch has been tearing me up for months now, and apparently I'm the only yahoo who's experiencing it.

The closest thing I found is the infamous Wetness bug, but it's not that.

So, when I'm in game, everything will run great. Until I fall.

Now, this doesn't mean if I jump, the game just breaks. No, I have to fall; as in, "run off a cliff and land on my ass"-type of fall.

The kicker is, every time I run off said cliff and fall, the game freezes. Mid-fall. The screen turns white, all in-game sounds literally "pop" once to silence and the FPS dips immediately to 1.

The only way to get out of this frozen white screen is to bring up the Pip-Boy. In doing that, the game returns to normal, except the sound is still gone.

And if I fall again, it happens all over again.

Tl;dr: every time I fall off of anything, the screen turns white, sound goes off and the game "freezes". Bringing up the Pip-Boy menu is the only "fix".

I really hope I'm not the only one experiencing this. I would gladly appreciate some help!

Tuff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay - what really helped me with this bug was verifying the integrity of the steam game files. Seems to have fixed it. I turned on God mode and tried jumping off insanely high roofs and cliffs. No longer experiencing the screen going white, FPS drop, or loss in sound. Will report back if the bug returns.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, try this mod on this issue, i am trying it myself right now and couldn't reproduce said issue so far, which is good.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798

the name of the mod is 'High FPS Physics Fix' by Antonix35 incase the link stops working at some point.

it says

- Jump height fix at high FPS.

- Fixed a bug with a white screen when the player falls (from the third person)

Edited by Scrooth

• 2 years later...