What might be causing werewolf companion to be invisible?

slayer9963

I've got the companion mod AFT(Amazing follower tweaks) which allows companions to turn into werewolves with the player. Works fine with the lydia companion, but I've downloaded the "lovely jessica" companion and her werewolf form is invisible. When she turns back, her normal character is visible again.

I'd like to fix this, but I'm not really sure what is causing the problem. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing the the werewolf form not to load, or how to fix it?

Thanks

notes

*I've tried this only with the two mods lovely jessica and AFT

*changing locations/initiating a load screen

Or perhaps someone knows another mod I could use to make the companion a werewolf with me?

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a common issue with custom followers that have their standalone "naked armor". To solve it, open the follower mod in the CK and add the armoraddon called "NakedTorsoWerewolfBeast" to the custom npc in questions armor (example: SkinNakedSighneAP)

Hope I could help!

Please, I need more detail on how to do this. I am trying to make Bishop from the Skyrim Romance Mod able to turn into a werewolf because he is invisible when infected using AFT. I am not that familiar with the Construction Kit. Is there a detailed guide, or can you tell me step-by-step?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it!

Edited by kichigaikikyokagome

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Could somebody please explain how to fix this in the CK? I am a complete N00B and can't figure it out. I have no idea what I am doing!

THANKS!

Okay, I dunno how many people are suffering to solve this, but here is a little tutorial:

1 - Download CK, if you use Mod Organizer, click on the selection box

2 - Click at CK over the options

3 - Click at "RUN"

lg5IHvq.png

1 - When it opens, click on "File"

2 - Then click on "Data..." to select the plugin

5xuwUDn.png

1 - It will open a window, in that window search for your plugin, I will take Aela from Skyrim Ladies for example (a nice mod btw), double click on the desired plugin until the box in front of it get marked with a blue cross

2 - After that, click on "Set as Active File" (this will make able to modify the plugin)

3 - Then click in "Ok"

YopRggr.png

1 - If a "Warning Window" pops-up just keep clicking at "Cancel" until it stops

W291Mu3.png

1 - After that, select the "Armor" tab at the left (it will probably already be selected)

2 - Now, choose the "Editor ID" of your custom follower (it will probably have an asterisk (*) next to the number in the "Count" tab) and double click on it

3 - If you preffer, just click with the right button at it and then click in "Edit"

zIrdOPP.png

1 - In the new window, check the box next to "Show All"

2 - Then click with the right button In anywhere on the "Model" box with those "naked armors" and proceed to click at "New", to add another naked armor

hdi3Ohz.png

1 - At the new window click on the "Filter" box and type NakedTorsoWerewolfBeast

2 - It will probably show up just one "Form", select it and press the "Ok" button or double click at it

33ihs92.png

1 - It will probably show up on the "Model" tab, if so, you can proceed to click at "Ok", if not click at "Cancel" and do it again

Lmp8x53.png

1 - After that, you can save now, so press again at "File"

2 - And then click at "Save"

3 - Close the CK and you should be good to go!

jmvts5x.png

I hope I helped you guys!

Edited by craziy

• 2 months later...

For the life of me I've been banging my head for weeks trying to get CK to work with no success (and yes I've gone through tutorials, and many, many forums trying to figure it out) mostly to resolve this one issue with Sofia turning invisible when she wolfs out. I'm begging, could a patch be made or something from people who can use their CK?

I've added the werewolf body to Sofia via TESVEdit. I haven't tested it, so let me know if it works. If so maybe I'll upload it to the nexus.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e020l5zhafp2xfk/SofiaVisibleWerewolf.esp?dl=0

Assuming this works:

If anyone has this problem for another follower you can fix this easily in TESVEdit. Open the mod file in TESVEdit, click on the body of the follower (for instance, under SofiaFollower.esp, under the Armor tab, click SofiaBodyArmor), then in the list of stuffs in the right pane, right click on the space next to the word Armature (above the first entry for MODL- Model Filename underneath SofiaFollower.esp), click ADD, click Yes I'm absolutely sure. It will add an entry that says NULL. Click this entry on the word NULL, twice BUT SLOWLY. Don't doubleclick, it'll pull up a dialogue box if you do and you don't want that. Click once, wait a second, click again. Once it is highlighted in blue (or if you clicked off of it highlight all the text there) with a little dropdown box next to it (within that form field itself) delete all the NULL stuff til nothing is there and start typing: NakedTorsoWerewolfBeast. It should start showing a list of models that changes as you type. Once you get to the word "were" it should pop up with the correct torso selected, and you can make sure it's selected by clicking on the name of it. Click off of the box somewhere else in the pane and it'll set it and there you go, she has the werewolf torso added. Save and exit.

Sounds hard but if you've used TESVEdit before it'll take you all of 2 minutes.

• 2 months later...
Not sure this is still being looked at, but I followed the creation kit tutorial for the Alexis follower. When I went to save it I got a message that there was missing .nif face gen data. If I save anyway the characters face is totally changed. I don't understand why that would happen since the only thing I changed was to add the naked werewolf armor addon. Any suggestions?