Fallout 3 keeps crashing :(

Demokabia

Specifically when I sleep for an extended period of time (8+ hours). I noticed it crashes commonly upon autosaving and exiting menus or inventories. Ive tried the bUseThreadAI=0 to =1 and added that other line and it was indifferent to my attempts. Please help! I have a Basic Windows 7 Home Edition and I have FWE, MMM and WMK installed. I have the correct compatibility patches and load order..

have u added the windows live diabler
I understand that u reduce it to the 2core by your statement in " bUseThreadAI=0 to =1" if not try this http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1328904.html This works if u dont have steam also. see if u have .net 4

Edited by Honeybiscuit

You have to be sure you changed the correct .ini. The one that is in the Games folder, not the one in the Fallout 3 folder. Also, when you make the .ini change, it should read like this:

bUseThreadAI=1, iNumHWThreads=2
Not

bUseThreadAI=1

iNumHWThreads=2

I tried

bUseTHreadAI=1, iNumHWThreads=2 and i tried =1

I do in fact have the correct .ini file.

I'm not sure what the Windows Live disabler is but im running FOSE so I cant use Windows Live.

Although I found that the game doesn't freeze instantly after i sleep as it did before.. I got an extra .3 seconds to enjoy before failure. I took a drug and it freezes when the effects wear off.. but It's turned all colorful and shtuff before and didn't freeze.

• 9 months later...

Disable all of Fo3's autosave functions. (save on wait, save on travel, etc.) Those "features" have always been seriously buggy.

Just make a manual hard save every so often.

i havent had auto save yet mine just freezes in game play or crashes to desktop sometimes