Invisible Collision objects appearing out of no where

Calavera357

Okay guys, here's part three of my continuing journey in CK bugfixing.

I'm currently experiencing a weird issue in my player house mod. I've been - literally - running into invisible objects in the middle of my second floor hallway. I've gone through the CK and double checked to make sure no statics or collision boxes are in those locations ("M" and "F4" have been useful in the past at tracking down random objects that are blocking pathways - but hasn't helped in this case).

A few things I've noticed while attempting to solve this myself:

*These invisible blockages seem to be about the size of an Actor's collision cube.

*The blockages are appearing about 2 person-lengths in front of my mannequins, display cases and wall plaques (I have 3 mannequins, 4 display cases and 4 plaques)

*The number of collision boxes has been in between 1 and 3

*These blockages "appear" and "disappear" as the time of day changes.

*These blockages appear on my second story and show up often times directly above a standing or sleeping NPC (I have 2 that sleep directly below the locations where the blockages are occurring).

I sure as hell hope someone out there knows what would be causing this. My money is on the NPCs that sleep below this hallway/platform, but I have no idea why they would cause this or how I'd be able to fix it.

Thanks a bunch Nexus forum rats! I look forward to hearing any suggestions or fixes. So far I've been able to fix every bug I've posted here, so here's to hoping that this bug isnt the one that breaks the winning streak!

~Cal

Going through again, I now believe this issue is being caused by the mannequins I have. Somehow their collision box is drifting forward after using the WAIT mechanic in game.

This guy here seems to be having the same problem as I with the mannequins and their mobile collision box, but no one ever seemed to figure it out (on this thread at least):

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/557310-invisible-non-existent-entities/

Edited by Calavera357

• 4 years later...