Make All Armor Invisible and Distribute Clothing Added by Mods

Patience1684

I have a variety of clothing added to the game through mods, and most of the vanilla clothing is replaced with modded variants. Yet, many NPCs do not wear just clothing. Most are also wearing bulky armor that hides the aesthetic and defeats the point (IMO). I am hoping to find a mod that turns all armor invisible, failing that a mod or method by which I can remove all armor from the game entirely. I know there are some complications with making armor invisible, and I've come to understand that it may be more difficult to implement due to restrictions, especially with helmets and their interactions with hair.

I'm also wondering if there is a mod or method by which the clothing I have added to the game can be distributed to NPCs randomly. It seems almost pointless to me to add a piece of clothing that only I can craft and only myself or my companions can be made to wear. It would be nice to see my random settlers, and wasteland raiders, wearing the cool outfits I have downloaded.

Edited by Patience1684

I don't know of a mod which makes armor invisible; wouldn't it also be a bit strange to have people without armor shown but with the armor benefits?

You could remove at least a lot of armor from the game with editing outfits and/or leveled lists. For example raiders in my game have very few armor, they only sparsely wear leather or raider armor torsos with some helmets and a few arm parts (with high chances of no armor parts), gunners have a few combat armor torsos and some leather stuff, all leg armor of the game is gone. Most people in the C. get their clothing from Clothing of the Commonwealth mod, because I like it much more primitive than in vanilla. And so on.

It is a bit of work but it's relatively easy because of the leveled list cascades. For example raider NPCs get most of the clothes and armor from the outfit "Raider Outfit". In the outfit leveled lists are defined, the leveled lists contain clothes, armor parts or other leveled lists. From memory (so beware), raider armor LLI leveled list contains three sublists which are level dependend and each contains LL leveled lists of underwear and LL lists of armor, like torso, leg, etc. armor which contain the armor parts (or again other LL lists).

So a lot of leveled lists are involved but you could already get rid of the armor on the outfit level (replace the leveled list in the outfit with a different leveled list, that's one edit) or on the level of the highest LLI list.