I thought it'd be a cool idea to be able to have an actual pack mule that follows you around, can be ridden but not efficient to do so considering they move slow, they will run if you run, but they'll still be slower than you.

But not just that. Maybe having them be a unique animal that you can have follow you. I first got this idea when I commented on the mod here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31891/

I thought wouldn't it be cool to have a Pack Mule that would follow you, have custom tweaks to it like that mod does for Horses, but for the Pack Mules (being a custom animal, with custom mesh and textures added to the game), with similar functions as a horse, but clearly doesn't feel or look like a horse in anyway.

So lets break it down so it's more clear on what I'm trying to request here:

A Unique Pack Mule companion with:

1) Will carry your burders

2) Can carry more than a horse could with mods that let your horse have an inventory

3) Craftable saddle 'bags' at variety of looks and sizes with something like the Steed stone ability added to it

4) Different pack mules for each hold, with different stats like the horse mod linked above, and also different looks, skins and possibly different meshes so they'll be unique

5) Different sizes for the users taste - considering some people like babies, and some want big hulking ones.

That's all I can think of right now.

So what do you guys think, something you'd like to see in Skyrim and if so - is there anyone out there that has room on their schedule, has the ability and skills to create this kind of mod?

• 4 months later...

I thought of this very same thing after watching a follower creation tutorial where the guy made a cow... I would jump all over this if i knew how to make and add the saddle bags making the cow is easy or mule or whichever lol Great minds ...