RaceMenu Presets look completely deformed

StainglassBandit

I've been trying to make these racemenu presets work to little to no effect. I've tried a few different preset mods and fulfilled each of their own requirements individually and always end up with deformed monsters. I set up a second mod profile through Vortex and completely uninstalled every single one of my other mods that wasn't required for facetesting. I even reinstalled the game, though it made no difference. I've tried R246's racemenu presets with ONLY his requirements installed (SKSE, CBBE, BodySlide, Fair Skin, Bijin Skin, Eyes of Beauty, RaceMenu, PrettyFace Darker Eyebrows, and KS Hairdos plus my ENB ReEngaged with Dolomite sorted through LOOT) and it ended up looking like this: https://imgur.com/a/aW1wfu7 and earlier I tried another, assuming it might've just been a one-off incident. I tried Laurel: Nord High Poly RaceMenu Preset with only their required modset (SKSE, CBBE, KS Hairdos, Fair Skin, Female Makeup Suite, RaceMenu, Alternate Start, Better Female Eyebrows, High Poly Head, and Eyes of Beauty, plus my ENB sorted through LOOT) and ended up with this monstrosity: https://imgur.com/a/w7kOQIL None of these mods have morph files for the facemorph menu btw, they're just presets.

I reinstalled the game, removed all my mods. And ONLY installed what was needed to make these work and I've ended up with a confusing mess. If anyone has an idea what might be happening please let me know.

Afaik, race must match the one a preset calls for. In addition, I believe you need to use an un tweaked body/face for best results. (ie not modded in bodyside, face not tweaked in racemenu) for best results.

personally, I found only one preset that worked with my modded ygnord bodied, Skyrim nord character, the r248 preset, (edit: erm, maybe it was a r246 preset...I don't have the game open and i don't want top open racemenu anyway) ... all the others I've downloaded are warped as well.

The blended face you see in my avatar is what resulted. it's neither the one I started with nor the one advertised by the r248 preset. But it works.

I started the game with the ugly blonde Nord (I think it's preset 2) and tweaked her face until it looked a bit like Jessica Biel, then applied the r-whatever preset later on when racemenu got fixed late summer or autumn 2019

Oh, and I tweaked her face (and body) a bit more in racemenu afterwards.

I've definitely made sure to match everything the presets tell me to, including race and race presets, but they just don't work the way I need them to. All I want is a character that doesn't look like a skooma prostitute. I haven't done any fiddling with the bodyslide tool but all the presets I use say they require the CBBE body. I'm wiping every single one of my files once more and starting from scratch at the moment but I'll definitely try with no body mods after the reinstall. I'd still like to try and troubleshoot the issue though, as I'm sure I'll run into it again when I inevitably start another playthrough.

This issue also cropped up every time with CME if anyone is curious. It doesn't matter which character creator I use.