How do I Download FOOK

TLC77

Hey guys, I have a quick question about FOOK. So, I tried installing FOOK through FOMM, and I got an error message. I discovered that FOMM is a 32 bit application or something, so I turned to the next best thing, Vortex. When I downloaded all of the required files, it showed told me that everything is fine and when I checked in the plugins section, it showed me that all of the .esms and .esps that FOOK had were installed and enabled. When I went into the game however, there was literally nothing, nothing new at all. i checked the data folder and there were no FOOK plugins and no textures, meshes, etc. from FOOK in the files. I don't know what to do, and thanks in advance!

Note: i also have FWE installed, which files should I overwrite if asked?

None.

It is impossible to run both FOOK and FWE in the same game.

Vortex is the worst mod manager to use for FO3. It uses LOOT to sort your mods and LOOT has never sorted FO3 mods correctly.

From what I understand, Vortex does not put anything in the data folder. I don't use it, so if you need help with it, you will have to go to the Vortex forum.

The fact that FOMM is a 32 bit application is meaningless. FO3 is a 32 bit game. FOMM has worked for me in Windows Vista (32bit) and Windows 7 (64) bit. I have been using it for at least nine years without a problem.

None.

Vortex is the worst mod manager to use for FO3. It uses LOOT to sort your mods and LOOT has never sorted FO3 mods correctly.

From what I understand, Vortex does not put anything in the data folder. I don't use it, so if you need help with it, you will have to go to the Vortex forum.

The fact that FOMM is a 32 bit application is meaningless. FO3 is a 32 bit game. FOMM has worked for me in Windows Vista (32bit) and Windows 7 (64) bit. I have been using it for at least nine years without a problem.

I know Vortex sucks, I just tried using it because FOOK's Nexus page said that NMM/Vortex can be used to install it. Disregard that FOOK and FWE cannot be run at the same time, I can find compability patches. FOOK's page directly states that installing it through FOMM isn't as simple as with other mods. I have MO2 but I don't know if it can be used to download FOOK.

None.

I know Vortex sucks, I just tried using it because FOOK's Nexus page said that NMM/Vortex can be used to install it. Disregard that FOOK and FWE cannot be run at the same time, I can find compability patches. FOOK's page directly states that installing it through FOMM isn't as simple as with other mods. I have MO2 but I don't know if it can be used to download FOOK.

No, Vortex does not "Suck", the problem is that FOOk is packaged incorrectly and will extract to the wrong folder

People just love to blame Vortex for everything.

None.

No, Vortex does not "Suck", the problem is that FOOk is packaged incorrectly and will extract to the wrong folder

People just love to blame Vortex for everything.

Oh. I just kinda assumed, because many people recommended other mod managers. Anyways, getting back on track, what can I do in this situation?

You can try all the compatibility patches you can find and they will not help. It is known that FOOK and FWE will not run together. It is known.

Alright fine, let's say that I don't have FWE, what's next?

Going by your first post, you should be able to play the game now, IF you've gotten rid of either FOOK or FWE.

That was your initial problem, and if you've removed one or the other, then you shouldn't need further help.

You can try all the compatibility patches you can find and they will not help. It is known that FOOK and FWE will not run together. It is known.

Going by your first post, you should be able to play the game now, IF you've gotten rid of either FOOK or FWE.

That was your initial problem, and if you've removed one or the other, then you shouldn't need further help.

Uhh, no. I physically cannot download it through FOMM, and Vortex does not install ANY of the FOOK files. That is the problem.

Uhh, no. I physically cannot download it through FOMM, and Vortex does not install ANY of the FOOK files. That is the problem.

So download it MANUALLY and then install it with FOMM.

There's nothing on the FOMM page that says it can download mods.

Either download it MANUALLY, and repackage it so Vortex or any other modern mod manager can install it, or download it manually and install it with FOOK

Literally all that's standing between you and downloading and installing FOOK is pressing the MANUAL DOWNLOAD button.