How do I Download FOOK

TLC77

You can try all the compatibility patches you can find and they will not help. It is known that FOOK and FWE will not run together. It is known.

Alright fine, let's say that I don't have FWE, what's next?

Going by your first post, you should be able to play the game now, IF you've gotten rid of either FOOK or FWE.

That was your initial problem, and if you've removed one or the other, then you shouldn't need further help.

Uhh, no. I physically cannot download it through FOMM, and Vortex does not install ANY of the FOOK files. That is the problem.

So download it MANUALLY and then install it with FOMM.

There's nothing on the FOMM page that says it can download mods.

Either download it MANUALLY, and repackage it so Vortex or any other modern mod manager can install it, or download it manually and install it with FOOK

Literally all that's standing between you and downloading and installing FOOK is pressing the MANUAL DOWNLOAD button.

If I download it manually, I won't be able to uninstall it (or rather, i will have to go through each individual folder and file to find which ones to uninstall). How do I repackage it so it works for Vortex?

Edited by TLC77

If I download it manually, I won't be able to uninstall it (or rather, i will have to go through each individual folder and file to find which ones to uninstall). How do I repackage it so it works for Vortex?

If you download it Manually, you then install it with FOMM like you've been talking about.

I don't bother with the mod because it's more trouble than it's worth

If you download it Manually, you then install it with FOMM like you've been talking about.

Alright fine, I have an idea, I'll try to install it with MO2. If it works out then cool, future generations can gaze upon this solution but if not, then thread closed, FOOK machine doesn't work.

Alright fine, I have an idea, I'll try to install it with MO2. If it works out then cool, future generations can gaze upon this solution but if not, then thread closed, FOOK machine doesn't work.

Good lord, if FOOK isn't packaged properly, then NOTHING is going to install it properly, not NMM, MO, MO2, Vortex et al.

Good lord, if FOOK isn't packaged properly, then NOTHING is going to install it properly, not NMM, MO, MO2, Vortex et al.

And indeed MO2 couldn't do it. Unless there is a guide on how to repackage it, or if the mod authors repackage it themselves, we are just banging our heads against the wall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

And indeed MO2 couldn't do it. Unless there is a guide on how to repackage it, or if the mod authors repackage it themselves, we are just banging our heads against the wall.

I've downloaded FOOK but it's just being shown as a "file" filetype. I'm using MO2, and I can open it in 7zip and manually replace game files, but I want to toggle it like the other mods.

MO2 doesn't recognise it in the browse window like other mods.

How do I install it with MO2 ? I've used MO2 fine with other FO3 mods, this is the only one I'm having trouble with. Thanks for any help.