Character becomes invisible randomly

HowIsAnnie

Greetings,

I've been trying to find out what may cause this problem, without any luck.

Very often, my character becomes invisible indoor and it happens randomly, at random spot. If I reload my save, my character reappears again, but it may occurs again at different spot. It does only happen indoors though, I never had this problem outdoor.

It seems that my character is only concerned by this problem, since others NPCs or creatures doesn't seem to be affected.

Also, I'm using Improved Camera mod, which allows to see the body in third person, and when the invibility happens, the body is not even visible in 1st person too.

I'm using KS Hairdos SMP and 3BBB, if that may help.

I've posted on Youtube a video demonstrating this problem :

Thanks in advance guys, I'm at wit's end.

Edited by HowIsAnnie

Do you happen to have any mods installed that change the dungeons? I watched the video. It was strange, like you were walking through a "region of invisibility"

Hey, thanks for your reply. So far the only mods that affect my interiors are RLO (Realistic Lightning Overhaul), and the other textures mods like SMIM or Ruins Clutter Improved.

I've tried to play without RLO but the problem was still there. I don't understand why it only happens to my character, I tried to do a player.placeatme of my own character, and my copy was appearing successfully without any issue, but my main PC was still invisible.

Truly I have no clue.

Edited by HowIsAnnie

From what someone told me on dint999's Discord server, it's an issue related to memory. SMP hairs are extremely demanding on system resources & it could be a simple as the system running out of memory to load the character model. Despite my having an extremely robust system, dint999's Hair Pack cases my character to blink in/out of existence as shown in your video.

ff7legend

I somehow thought that memory could be related, since I knew this problem was common with HDT in LE. But my computer is quite beefy ; RTX 2080, 16gb and a Ryzen 3700x should be far than enough. also using SSE Engine Fixes memory allocation. Furthermore, no one seems to mention this problem in the HDT SMP Nexus page's comments section.

You should post your video in HDT SMP's Posts section in the hopes that it will garner the attention of aers so he can fix it... If it's of any consolation, my system specs are as follows:

Core i9-7980XE Extreme Series CPU (18 cores/36 threads @ 3.0 GHz apiece)

128GB Corsair Dominator RAM 2666MHz

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti

Despite all that power, I have the very same issue as you do when using hairstyles from dint999's Hair Pack, not KS Hairdos SMP...

ff7legend