Character becomes invisible randomly

HowIsAnnie

• 2 months later...

You should post your video in HDT SMP's Posts section in the hopes that it will garner the attention of aers so he can fix it... If it's of any consolation, my system specs are as follows:

Core i9-7980XE Extreme Series CPU (18 cores/36 threads @ 3.0 GHz apiece)

128GB Corsair Dominator RAM 2666MHz

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti

Despite all that power, I have the very same issue as you do when using hairstyles from dint999's Hair Pack, not KS Hairdos SMP...

ff7legend

Man, I swear, you are the most HELPFUL person I've ever met on this website.

I was just having this issue myself, and I definitely use Dint's hair. Turns out that switching my character's hair not only fixed the problem you're referring to, it also fixes an issue I had with _m.dds files not properaly showing up on certain armors in game (like Team TAL's armors and stuff from the Ninirim collection)...

Thank you, once again!...

As for the OP's issue, it's one I'm familiar with myself, and I honestly think it has something to do with modified interiors. I've had the issue occur in one specific area during my current playthrough, and it was as if there's a single strip of occlusion or something that only applies to your player character, spanning a small random area inside one of the dungeon's rooms. Your character just pops right back into existence whenever they leave the affected area, which could be in as little as half a step to a few meters away, depending on how large of an area is affected. This same issue occurs in Fallout 4 as well with certain modded interiors. Unfortunately, I don't know a fix for it...

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Resurrecting thread because I have this problem too, for about a year now actually. Same diagnosis: random portions of dungeon interiors will just make my character invisible for a while. I do not think it is a permanent, static modification of the dungeon itself which causes this, because often I experience the issue when backtracking. A room that didn't turn me invisible before will do it later as I return through it in the opposite direction, and if you wait long enough the problem seems to stop. A specific room I can remember having this occur in multiple times on multiple playthroughs is the room immediately after you free the bandit stuck in the spider web in Bleak Falls Barrow.

Anyway, my observation leaves me to assume the problem lies with something temporarily affecting the character only. I think perhaps it is a combination of any SMP hairstyles with Enhanced Blood Textures, as people have reported the exact bug for that mod.

Also, I've been using No Camera Collision for years, so it wasn't a solution for me.