Heavy Traffic ×

A little help here please...

reisack

Hi

I know there's a bunch of tutorials out there, but i need to know something about the CK.... Is there any way to place the .esp and the data files( textures and meshes) of your mod separate into another folder to later zip it and upload it. I've been goggling for hours without a clear answer. Its kinda tiresome to add one by one each file to a separate folder each time i update my mod to later zip it and upload it.

Any ideas? :confused:

Yes if your asking what I think but Ill explain what Im explaining anyway :)

So you got your skyrim path (shortened for this example)

C:\Games\Skyrim\Data\..

And you would like your mod to be developed somewhere else like

C:\Projects\BadassMod\Data\..

There are two approaches Ive used for this. The first is using a Wrye Smash project bain.

Wrye Readme Its like a normal bain but you sync to the files in Skyrim data or move your project files into the skyrim data. If your not already really good with Wrye then I wouldnt use this. You could lose many hours of work if you press the wrong button.

The other would be to write a script in batch, perl, c, or whatever cli program to build everything for you. This is my preferred method. I use an adapted perl script from the SkyUI team that gets the job done very nicely. This would be the most flexible way and I could help you a little, but Im no super pro.

Uff there's a lot of stuff to learn from the Wrye Bash app (never used it), and i don't know how to make scrips so far neither...I was thinking to make the mod export with the actual tools from skyrim.... anyway thx for ur response. Edited by reisack