Stupid windows 8!

Lucian73701

I just bought a new computer and I Installed oblivion GotY it worked perfectly. But once I added my standard mods it crashes. I never had this problem on my windows 7.

I always install to C:\Games

I have tried to delete the data folder files editing them so forth so on.

If anyone has a tutorial or advise that will help it would be great.

Thanks

I think it's better if you'll install it anywhere but C: ,even if it was working fine with your old computer. Not only because I've done it myself but because that's what almost everyone does and suggests.

I think we're going to need more info. C:\games should be fine for installing Oblivion on Win 8. I don't think there are many (if any) changes you need for installing mods on Win 8 vs Win 7. I'm also not sure what you mean by your standard mods. Would you post your load order?

Are you running a 64 bit version of Win 8 or 32 bit?

• 4 months later...

On my x64 Windows 8, Oblivion will not even install from the disc. The SecuROM installer asks me to please "upgrade" Windows to "2000, ME or better".

I am using GOTY, no clue how old, Installing from Disc on Win8x64, no matter what compatiblity mode I use, it shows the aforementioned message.

Edited by franklube

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I have also changed to Windows8. My OBMM is working fine - but, since the change, I have some mods wich work only somehow. Examples: Gather Ye Rosebuds (here I get the spells, my Magic and Mystic are over the needed number) I can "speak" the spell and the sign right corner is counting back - but nothing goes to my inventory) or Map Marker Overhaul DV here I have the map with the new icons but nothing happen when I push "M" - I have tried also the newer Version, also I have installed Pluggy. Or the mod: The Art of Speedy Depositing here I get the book and when I opened it, it told me Congratulations you have the spell - but I dont. :(

When using Oblivion with Windows 7 mods worked or they did not - any Ideas for this strange symptoms? OBMM and WyreBash do not show any conflicts!

I'm very sad about this - these mods have been very good helpers to make the gameplay more flowly for me..

windows vista,7 and 8 sometimes misplace files if you try and install oblivion in its default location. windows has a habit of placing these in your virtual store!

it is a adminstration anomally, sometimes downloaed files are percieved as threats and are moved there as a security issue.

Ok, thank you for this. I have heard about this and I install my Oblivion always to my second Partition (D:) - strange. Once I had an Installation from Map Marker Overhaul whit I was able to set a custom Flag - but I got no menu to chose, and I could not delete or edit it. I can't believe that things like these come with the OS - you? But otherwise Gather Ye Rosebud I could perfectly use on the Windows Vista and 7 Installations!?! Very confusing!

:ermm:

• 1 month later...