Quest Triggered Use magic

someonetookjacob

Hello Nexus Forums,

I am trying to do something relatively simple... but having trouble.

I want to be able to tell a follower to cast a spell with dialog, I have the dialog set up with a quest without any trouble, but the use magic AI package is not triggering.

I know that the conditions are filled (or I am like... 90% sure) so I think the AI package just isn't updated. So I try to add a papyrus script fragment to the last stage of the 'quest' something that looks like

Actor Property actoralias Auto
actoralias.EvaluatePackage()
which gives me errors....
no viable alternative at 'property'
no viable alternative at '.'
I assume because of a fundamental misunderstanding of fragments...
the actoralias is the alias assigned to the actor in the quest (I also listed the ai package in the alias, which seemed unnecessary... but I did anyway)
I evidently couldnt get the cast function to work for similar reasons, if I want to cast flames do I type flames.cast(self,target) of flamesspell.cast(self,target). (either way I defined flames as a spell beforehand)
As I said, I think I am just being stupid... but I searched the internet quite a bit and couldn't figure it out.
Thank you very much if you can assist.

So.. bump.

I have gotten the code to compile using the akspeaker predefined thing for topics. great. So now the speakers AI Packages should recompile and... the spell should be cast. nothing happens though

Is there a different condition I can add to the use magic AI than getcurrentquest quest id == 1 ?

or is there a way other than use magic to have the speaker cast a spell and look like they cast a spell