question regarding anti piracy

Coommaster

The "Why" is not the issue. Piracy is theft. Theft is illegal anywhere you go.

The Rabbit

True!

It is worse then "illegal", it is disrespectful.

(Except when a company forces you to do the "subscription license" stuff and won't sell you an older version of some software the is needed to create 3D modesl that work certain games, because that was what tool the developers of the game were useing, and no other tool will work properly.

I am looking at you AutoDesk and Adobe!)

The Rabbit

True!

(Except when a company forces you to do the "subscription license" stuff and won't sell you an older version of some software the is needed to create 3D modesl that work certain games, because that was what tool the developers of the game were useing, and no other tool will work properly.

No, there's NO justification for piracy whatsoever.

I also don't like Adobe's Software Rental, so I went and got a Photoshop alternative for $25 (on sale, usually $50) called Affinity Photo.

It does what PS can do, and it's similar enough that you don't need to relearn a ton of things.

Go watch some videos on Youtube about Alternatives for Photoshop, or Alternatives for AutoCAD (nanoCAD comes to mind) and alternatives to 3dsMax (blender etc) it's where I learned about Affinity Photo

The Rabbit

True!

I also don't like Adobe's Software Rental, so I went and got a Photoshop alternative for $25 (on sale, usually $50) called Affinity Photo.

It does what PS can do, and it's similar enough that you don't need to relearn a ton of things.

Go watch some videos on Youtube about Alternatives for Photoshop, or Alternatives for AutoCAD (nanoCAD comes to mind) and alternatives to 3dsMax (blender etc) it's where I learned about Affinity Photo

The only version of 3DSMAX that works with the plugins from Bethesda( needed to create meshes with proper collision) is 2013.

And I asked on the 3DSMAX forums, that version can't be bought. Period.

So there literally is no other way to get that software.

It's not that I am to greedy to spend money on software.

But in that case, it does not matter how much money I am willing to spend.

The subscirption thing:

Again, it's not about money. It's about depending on the availability of a working internet connection.

And I don't like that.

I don't like to depend on things I can't control.

My "main PC" is completely offline so I couldn't use any of that stuff on there.

If the power goes out, I can use a backup generator.

But if the network connection is "down", I can't do anything about it!

Yes, there are some great (FREE!) alternatives for PS, like GIMP or PaintNet. (I use both of those) that are much easier to use then PS.

In general, if I can buy something (and OWN IT), I will buy it!

Because I know how much work, effort and time goes into software development.

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

The Rabbit

True!

The only version of 3DSMAX that works with the plugins from Bethesda( needed to create meshes with proper collision) is 2013.

And I asked on the 3DSMAX forums, that version can't be bought. Period.

So there literally is no other way to get that software.

It's not that I am to greedy to spend money on software.

But in that case, it does not matter how much money I am willing to spend.

The subscirption thing:

Again, it's not about money. It's about depending on the availability of a working internet connection.

And I don't like that.

I don't like to depend on things I can't control.

My "main PC" is completely offline so I couldn't use any of that stuff on there.

If the power goes out, I can use a backup generator.

But if the network connection is "down", I can't do anything about it!

Yes, there are some great (FREE!) alternatives for PS, like GIMP or PaintNet. (I use both of those) that are much easier to use then PS.

In general, if I can buy something (and OWN IT), I will buy it!

Because I know how much work, effort and time goes into software development.

Subscriptions suck.

When I went to school for AutoCAD and 3d Modeling, I was able to buy (With a student discount) AutoCAD and 3dStudio (pre-3dsMax) for $795 each, I should've kept the licenses renewed, because today, I'd be screwed with the Subscriptions

$205 a MONTH for each.

But they make sense, that's the worst part about them.

Or would you prefer to get paid only once every few yers?

No, you would want a secure, regular income, right?

That's why it is so hard to "get rid" of subscription licencing stuff, because there are almost no other arguments against, besides "personal preference" (and my numerouse "issues" with depending on things I can't control ...)

This is geting off-topic (that's the second time I said that today ...).

This post was originally about pirating mods, NOT about subscription software, right ... ?

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName