I can't do this alone

kalevala17

I need help. My name is Wolfgang, and I am the author of You're Not Okay, a mod for Fallout 4 that makes weird and random things happen to the world in a similar manner to the Wild Wasteland perk from New Vegas.

What started out as a simple sound replacer for the combat knife has blossomed into what I know believe to be over one hundred changes throughout the game, from new NPCs to new locations and item effects and so much more. Unfortunately, none of this has been planned out, and as I've learned more and more about the CK in the over two years since I've started work on this project, the more I realize how haphazard, jumbled and poorly-implemented it all really is. I wanted to end it all with a bang, a juicy final update that adds several new locations, revamps a few poorly-used interior cells and makes the whole experience just that much more complete, before I finally set it down and never ever touched the darn thing again because I am just so sick of it all. The date I set for myself was to be the 1 year 100,000 download anniversary update. That date came and passed on September 5... 2019. And here we are.

I can no longer do this alone. I'm not entirely sure that I ever could. But in order to get this finally completed and properly implemented, it would require me to not only learn a ridiculous amount of scripting and coding, but to also completely rebuild this mod from the ground up, taking everything I've learned and using it to create a better, more cohesive experience.

And I just don't have it in me. I'm not the same person that I was two years ago. I've grown, changed and had major life events take place. The motivation, while still there, is more the motivation to finish a long-overdue project rather than the motivation to actually create something for the sheer joy of it.

This project is far from done. It is far from over! But I need your help. I cannot pay you (I have no idea if or how mod recruitment calls work) but I can offer your name in the credits, as well as listening to and maybe even implementing your suggestions if you help me.

Here's what I need, and if anyone can provide, I will be eternally grateful: quest scripters, people who are familiar with interior worldspaces and lighting, texture artists. I also need voice work, but that is the least of my concerns right now, and will be one of, if not the very last thing implemented.

I don't like doing this, but I am begging for your help. Link: https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/4079151

I have by myself a full schedule right now, but I can maybe give you some tips where you can reach out, to find people that might are willing to help you, since I very often work also with multiple people together.

Depending on what you search, you can as example try to look into the credits of big mods for Fallout and Skyrim*. There can you maybe find people right here on the nexus. Also, you should install Discord and search there for help. I have by "accident" meet there people that have help, or will help me in the future, by just talking about general Fallout topics in a channel of one of the bigger Fallout mods on the horizon.

But before you do this, you should exactly know what they would have to do. For voice actors a script maybe, or for 2d artists a description of what you have in mind and so on.

All I can say is, don't give up. Sooner or later you will find the help you need.

*If you contact people from Skryim you have maybe to explain them a little more about the Fallout franchise, since not everybody has Fallout and Skyrim, but that is a small price to pay for what you can achieve together with other people.

Edited by taryl80