Removing "Auto-Undress" Feature

Reeks99

I am using a player house mod where the pool has an "auto-undress" feature, but my followers do not re-equip their clothes when leaving the pool. Seeing as they are all wearing bikinis anyways, I have no problem with them wearing their armour while swimming, and thought that simply disabling the "auto-undress" feature might be the simplest way to solve the issue.

Looking around a bit, there is not really much information on how to do this, but there are guides on how to create an auto-undress using trigger boxes in the CK, so I thought I might be able to work back from this. What I am thinking of doing is just deleting the .pex file which contains the relevant compiled scripts. Has anybody here ever attempted to do something like this, and do you think it will work?

Thanks,

Edited by Reeks99

I wouldn't delete the .pex file, because there is always a chance another mod will need it.

If you are comfortable with it, go into the CK and load up the cell that the pool is in, you will find the marker that triggers the undress script to fire; it will (hopefully) be called something like "playerhouseundressmarker" or something like that.

Otherwise, your followers should still have their items in their inventories when they leave the pool (mine always do) so usually you just have to go into their Trade menu, and take then give back a piece of their clothing to get them to re-dress.

I wouldn't delete the .pex file, because there is always a chance another mod will need it.

If you are comfortable with it, go into the CK and load up the cell that the pool is in, you will find the marker that triggers the undress script to fire; it will (hopefully) be called something like "playerhouseundressmarker" or something like that.

Otherwise, your followers should still have their items in their inventories when they leave the pool (mine always do) so usually you just have to go into their Trade menu, and take then give back a piece of their clothing to get them to re-dress.

So it would be wiser to try and delete the trigger rather than the script is what you are saying?

Don't delete the trigger, who knows if other things might be relying upon it. Instead, lower the trigger's Z position so that it is below the ground where the player / NPCs cannot enter. In fact, lower it by at least 3000.

If you delete the trigger and something else is relying on it being there, the game could become unstable and most likely crash.

Don't delete the trigger, who knows if other things might be relying upon it. Instead, lower the trigger's Z position so that it is below the ground where the player / NPCs cannot enter. In fact, lower it by at least 3000.

If you delete the trigger and something else is relying on it being there, the game could become unstable and most likely crash.

Ok I gave that a try in CK but when I tried to save a new .esp of the changes I made, I got an "invalid location" error and could not save. I am using MO2 so assume this has something to do with it but not sure where to go from here.

Use the CK to get the form ID for the trigger in question.

Use TES5Edit to lower the z position.

See if that works.

Ok, thanks for the advice so far. I have never used TES5edit but I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes!