[LE] Global solution for random Idle chatter

Shadohz

Is there a way to globally control Idle chatter randomness besides using "GetRandomPercent" condition set at each dialogue option? I'm working with a mod that that has ALOT existing idle chatter (Misc section). I need to test the randomness timing by changing the percentage but it is waaaaay to time-consuming to alter these individually. Is there a way to accomplish this by script or global condition?

For the time being what have done was create a brand new quest in a test build and moved all the Idle dialogue to it then set "Quest Dialogue Conditions" to the name of the actor and the GetRandomPercent. This may be the only plausible workaround but I'd rather keep the dialogue together with the single main quest.

Make a new global variable. Change the condition to GetRandomPercent >= (check the use global box)

You can right click and copy condition, then right click and paste condition to add it to multiple dialogue conditions easily. Then, when you want to change the percent check, just change the global variable.

@dybill Thank you. But you're a bit late. I already blew away the test build and went ahead with using a GV on each response. I was adding a feature to allow players to control the timing via dialog anyway so I just bit the bullet and did it. I was hoping CK had some type of override that I knew nothing about. *sigh* Gawd CK is so cumbersome. It's like someone from my first semester of VB wrote this dang thing.