New Vegas isn't loading saves after I add mods

Gutsynteric

Hello,

I installed one mod, "Save Cass", to be able to not kill Cass and continue on with the "Birds of a Feather" quest line. I installed Save Cass and only the Save Cass, I have no other mods, and my game refuses to load ANY saves now. Is there a fix for this or is my New Vegas unable to be played with mods?

Edited by Gutsynteric

By "game refuses to load ANY saves now", do you just get the revolving roulette wheel or an error message?

Anytime the game "Crashes to the Desktop" (CTD) it's typically going to generate an error message in the Windows Eventlog because the game engine was not able to predictably handle the error. Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article.

Logs generated by the game itself (not Windows) are found in the game folder, where the "FalloutNV.EXE" file is located.

Were the saves you attempted to load from before you started the "Birds of a Feather" quest line, or after (which is not supported according to the comments on that mod's page)?

Haven't used this mod, but while it doesn't list any requirements the vanilla game has a number of engine bugs for which there exist "fixes" that might be assumed to be in use by the author. (Though I note the initial release of the mod was in 2010 soon after it's initial release, which strongly suggests the problem is specific to your setup.) Try installing those listed in the 'Towards Game Stability' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

-Dubious-