Who is the Dragonborn's unidentified "friend".

LordSarcasm

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dragonborn doesn't always have friends, but when he does, they prefer to remain anonymous.

But here's why I am hopping on the Talos bandwagon

Whiterun Guard about to go with you to the Wester Watchtower to kill the first dragon.

"I'm glad you are coming with us. They say Talos favors you."

Lets take a look at your feats so far:

Survived Helgen (But then, Hadvar/Ralof, Ulfric, Tullius, and according to Legate Rikke, Not Many, which indicates the possibility of other survivors, so that's not a sign of Talos' favor. Why would he support both sides in a war?)

ran from Riverwood to Whiterun, when that Courier has to go all over Skyrim AND Solsthein, so I'm not impressed at the Dragonborn's running ability.

Fetched Home Plate from Bleak Falls Barrow. Any competent sellsword could have done this.

So I propose that Talos IS favoring him, and it shows, to where guards with PTSD about their knees can see it. And how do we see it?

10410737_1570472676501779_72951707459198

• 1 month later...

I always got the impression that the letters were coming from Farengar, the mage in Dragons Reach. Speaking with him gives me the impression that he may be an ex-blade and is trying to help you without getting directly involved to expose himself. I lean toward this hypothesis, because Delphine tells you she got her information about the dragon burials from the dragonstone that you had to give to Farengar. My guess is that he passed the stone on to Delphine after examining it.

Just my $0.02,

Mike

I just want to comment about this.

In the game, Farengar wont tell you who his reliable source for the information of the Dragonstone but based on the hidden content of the game, or you can download the mod 'Cutting Room Floor'. Farengar's reliable source is actually Deplhine. Its just so shocking. I wonder why Bethesda removed that. Maybe because the secret of the letter might be known?

if I leave getting the dragonstone from Bleak Falls until after Farengar gives me the quest, Delphine is talking to Farengar when I return to him.
if I start the Golden Claw quest and find the dragonstone before I get the quest from Farengar then Delphine isn't at Dragonsreach when I take the stone back to Farengar

• 1 month later...

I noticed something very disturbing... And it can explain who it is.

It is Delphine, because she's a dragonborn ! or a cheater...

Let me explain, in that main quest where you need to find the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, you know that Delphine stole it to meet the dragonborn ? but do you remember the little puzzle just after the room where the note is, yes the one with 3 pillars that light up and open the doors for like 1 second, you MUST have the "whirlwind sprint" shout to get over it. So Delphine must be another dragonborn, for those who dosn't know, it is possible to have several dragonborns at the same time, like Miraak.

Perhaps she does that to help the dragonborn getting stronger, wait... Miraak didn't want to fight before you get stronger... so... Delphine is Miraak ? (Ok i'm going too far :D)

Well I don't know why she would do that but Delphine is a dragonborn.

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...

Its the Nerevarine!.. he's a blade after all!!! and immortal.. :) yes.. he's been missing since the Oblivion crisis.. and that has made him feel bad he missed out on saving the emperor's life so he's secretly nosing around.. maybe with the thalmor... and sure to have read the book of the Dragonborn. :)