Who is the Dragonborn's unidentified "friend".

LordSarcasm

I noticed something very disturbing... And it can explain who it is.

It is Delphine, because she's a dragonborn ! or a cheater...

Let me explain, in that main quest where you need to find the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, you know that Delphine stole it to meet the dragonborn ? but do you remember the little puzzle just after the room where the note is, yes the one with 3 pillars that light up and open the doors for like 1 second, you MUST have the "whirlwind sprint" shout to get over it. So Delphine must be another dragonborn, for those who dosn't know, it is possible to have several dragonborns at the same time, like Miraak.

Perhaps she does that to help the dragonborn getting stronger, wait... Miraak didn't want to fight before you get stronger... so... Delphine is Miraak ? (Ok i'm going too far :D)

Well I don't know why she would do that but Delphine is a dragonborn.

You don't need to be a dragonborn to learn shouts though. We are told that anyone can with enough hard work. The Dragonborns just have shortcuts in the learning process.

Ulfric knew at least one shout without being dragonborn or ever having seen a dragon before Helgen. The greybeards similarly aren't dragonborn.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed something very disturbing... And it can explain who it is.

It is Delphine, because she's a dragonborn ! or a cheater...

Let me explain, in that main quest where you need to find the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, you know that Delphine stole it to meet the dragonborn ? but do you remember the little puzzle just after the room where the note is, yes the one with 3 pillars that light up and open the doors for like 1 second, you MUST have the "whirlwind sprint" shout to get over it. So Delphine must be another dragonborn, for those who dosn't know, it is possible to have several dragonborns at the same time, like Miraak.

Perhaps she does that to help the dragonborn getting stronger, wait... Miraak didn't want to fight before you get stronger... so... Delphine is Miraak ? (Ok i'm going too far :D)

Well I don't know why she would do that but Delphine is a dragonborn.

You don't need to be a dragonborn to learn shouts though. We are told that anyone can with enough hard work. The Dragonborns just have shortcuts in the learning process.

Ulfric knew at least one shout without being dragonborn or ever having seen a dragon before Helgen. The greybeards similarly aren't dragonborn.

And there's really no reason Delphine couldn't have used other methods to get past that puzzle. Just because the dragonborn's too dumb to slide a rock under the door doesn't mean Delphine couldn't. If anything, the fact that none of the previous puzzles were solved, no traps sprung and no enemies killed would suggest that she bypassed the dungeon entirely by breaking in through the exit.

Furthermore, even if she can use shouts, it doesn't follow that she's dragonborn and it definitely doesn't follow that she must be the anonymous friend. By that logic, Ulfric and the Greybeards and all the Draugr Deathlords and Alduin himself must be the anonymous friends, too, because they can also shout.

Edited by TheSpaceShuttleChallenger

i really like teh Psijics and the Talos theorys.

It seems highly unlikely that Delphine would send anonymous letters once you know her.

She could be sending them anonymously in case they get intercepted. She's wanted by the Thalmor, after all.

On the other hand, if you meet her before the Windcaller quest, she suspects you might be a spy looking for her, not Dragonborn. She doesn't believe you might be Dragonborn until you bring her the note she left in place of the Horn, and she still isn't sure until she sees you swallow a dragon's soul. Compare that to the monks of High Hrothgar, who can sense you taking your first dragon soul from miles away, or the dragons, who can feel your shouts and sometimes come to investigate. Delphine clearly has no special psychic abilities, whereas the person sending the letters definitely does, and even knows either your name or your description to tell the courier how to find you. It can't be Delphine, and it can't be the monks of High Hrothgar. It might be the Psijic Order, who definitely seem to be aware of your location, or a daedric prince, or possibly a divine. Or it might be an unknown mage more powerful than any actually revealed in the game. It might be Ulfric, too, although I don't know if anyone's received the letters after Ulfric's death, if you side with the Empire.

Or maybe it's you, from the future, having learned how to time travel after contemplating the Elder Scroll. You'd certainly know what you look like, and where you were when you received the letters "from a friend".

She could be sending them anonymously in case they get intercepted. She's wanted by the Thalmor, after all.

Exactly, she's already wanted, so why would it matter? I can understand her being wary of the notes being intercepted, but it's not like she's going to be more wanted by the Thalmor for the notes.

Exactly, she's already wanted, so why would it matter? I can understand her being wary of the notes being intercepted, but it's not like she's going to be more wanted by the Thalmor for the notes.

She's wanted, but the Thalmor don't necessarily know she is in Skyrim or what she is up to.

• 2 weeks later...

Stump the Dog could be an agent of the Psijics, Talos, Akatosh and Paarthunax. Most likely he passed the messages on to Delphine to hand to the Couriers as they made their rounds. What seems a bit hard to fathom is how Stump cooperated with both Dovahbear and that night janitor at Bethesda. I guess some questions are best left unasked.

• 6 months later...