Who is the Dragonborn's unidentified "friend".

LordSarcasm

I always got the impression that the letters were coming from Farengar, the mage in Dragons Reach. Speaking with him gives me the impression that he may be an ex-blade and is trying to help you without getting directly involved to expose himself. I lean toward this hypothesis, because Delphine tells you she got her information about the dragon burials from the dragonstone that you had to give to Farengar. My guess is that he passed the stone on to Delphine after examining it.

Just my $0.02,

Mike

i was thinking the same thing

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading through 7 pages of the same damn theories over again, and possibly being one of the only people on this thread who's 100%'d Daggerfall as well, I would have to agree with whoever said it was Talos. As a firm believer in Talos myself, I have reason to believe that Talos, since his divination by the Nords, has been able to forsee events before they happen. Dragonborns can sense other dragonborn, like Miraak in the DLC. Oblivion isn't as separated from Aetherius as many think, and any of the Aedra divines (and since dragons are Aedra, Talos is dragonborn and therefore part Aedra) can walk the planes. Talos has no real motivation but if Alduin ends the world, since Talos was part man, he has a connection to Mundus as well. If the Dragonborn stops Alduin, Talos lives. So he takes it upon himself to help the Dragonborn.

Hermeus Mora is the other very likely candidate. He has feelers on things, knows things, and it would be very convenient for him to have the Dovahkiin big and strong. He has plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not Hermaeus Mora? he has all knowledge hoarded, he wants the dragonborn to grow in power to defeat Miraak, he could send a servant to give the letter to the courier and TA DA!

Its Molog bal's sister ''female form'', who has fallen in love with the dragonborne and looking for a harkon replacement, and has a lot of future goodies and quests and a cushy job in store to tempt the dragonborn with for fun and adventre!.

Hes finally found someone strong enough to enact a little coldharbor on him, in female form.

He wants to safely see what this may be like while using a proxy and still remaining in uh control of the situation. hahaha.

Molog insucure, misogynist with an inferorty complex, as the heathens whisper? Never he says!

How dare Hermaeus Mora snigger at him behind his back, the damn daedric armchair psychiatrist! This will show him!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have read all the proposals and all the counters. Two things stand out. First, the mysterious "friend" is omniscient. HE knows what the DB does, and where all the undiscovered word walls are. Second, the "friend" is outside the games various story lines. The "friend" is unaffected by any decision made during game play or affected by any faction action.

So my candidate is the Psijic Monk. HE is connected to a seemingly omniscient organization and HE is unaffected by game events and decisions.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...