Who is the Dragonborn's unidentified "friend".

LordSarcasm

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its Herma-Mora. Did anyone else ever get the note "You caused quite a stir in Apocrypha after blah blah blah thu'um"?

Does that really happen? That's hilarious.

The mysterious friend has no identity, it's just a bunch of people who send you letters. Thought... their calligraphy IS kinda similar... :rolleyes:

I like the Hermaeus Mora hypothesis. He's the only one who could be a singular entity and even so be aware of so much. Given the Dragonborn's connection to him (willingness notwithstanding), it would be a nice twist.

The Courier hypothesis is good too. I cannot unsee what I have seen - never had that bug/feature happen before BUT as soon as I install anatomically correct bodies, a force greeting makes my hulky Nord turn around to the sight of very naked dude in boots. Always awkward to accept paper touched by strange naked dudes in boots. "Btw, aren't you cold? Nevermind, that's not an offer of warmth. :ermm: "

It's the master of the Courier's Guild of course.

A man like the master postman would be in the know about a lot of things...including the locations of various ruins and tombs.

Perhaps he/she is trying to urge the Dragonborn along into embracing their destiny because the dragons are really beginning to wreak havoc on the postal system.

It's Sheogorath, doing it for sheer entertainment value.

In all seriousness, could it possibly be Ulfric? He's had training in Shouts and he has contacts all over Skyrim, so he'd likely hear about any Shouting you've done in populated areas.

@gsmanners: I'm convinced Maven Black-Briar is the one putting the hit out on you. Break into Black-Briar Manor in Riften and poke around.

I also think it's Maven sending the DB after you ;D

And it could be Ulfric. He is the only one who talks to you as Dragonborn and even gives you all the answers Angeir gives you too later, when you talk to him after having been called, but _before_ having been to High Hrothgar. He knows it from the beginning and there is no hint as to why, because noone else does before you have been 'named' by the Greybeards and even afterwards most people are blissfully unaware.

But! You get those letters even if you side with the Empire, and I seem to remember you get them even after Ulfric's death (played Empire only once, I don't remember exactly). For some time I even thought it was Galmar, because... I don't know, I always thought he fits the Underking's description so well. He is zealous in his plans and his hatred, he wants Ulfric to kill everyone (especially the other Jarls^^) and it is he who wants the war more than Ulfric himself wants it.

But I guess we will have to wait and see if this secret will ever be revealed ;)