how the heck does the camera3rd nif node work?

rkkn

in the player skeleton nif

If I delete the node, the camera goes into the ground. But as long as it's there, no matter what values on it I change, X, Y, Z, rotation, scale, flags, extra data, etc etc. the camera is in the normal position and behaves normally. Zeroing everything or making everything 99999 or whatever has no effect.

So, what, the game just checks that it exists but doesn't actually use it?

Well either way, my problem is I'm trying to move the camera's base point. anchor point. or collision point or whatever. If you're playing a standard Norn, the anchor point is inside your character's head in idle position. which is fine and dandy. works well. But say you're playing something half that size. Then the anchor point is 3 feet above your head. You can lower the camera itself with a few popular mods, but not the anchor point. If you then walk under something, the camera goes crazy because the anchor point is still above your head and is now inside the geometry of the object you walked under.

I tried looking at meshes/cameras, but doesn't seem like any of those files have any effect on the normal 3rd person camera

Edited by rkkn