I've tried it all... but TW just hates my mods. (Crash on Startup)

DanishDestroyer

Thanks for reading this!

I played Warband for years and modded the crap out of that game - no problems. But for whatever reason, Bannerlord simply will not work when I tried to mod the game. Native, unmodded, will launch just fine. I own the game through Steam, and mod it through Vortex. I have the load order attached, and I launch the game through Vortex.

I have already searched through my mods, and i do not need to unblock the .dll files... I see this posted as a fix all the time, but it is of no help to me :sad:

Am i doing something wrong? Help would be greatly appreciated - the game and modders deserve my attention!

This is one of the games I don't trust Vortex to install mods correctly and honestly it's not too hard do it manually since you can open the directory through Steam and dump them in there in the Modules directory.

If you aren't already using it, I'd recommend using the Fixed Launcher as well.

A quick look says you're probably using a few mods that are out of date and Native should be above Mod Config Menu in the load order. Also the Mod Configuration Menu V4 is a beta and I've personally had a lot of issues getting some mods to play nicely with it, so I would recommend using V3 unless you've got a mod that specifically requires it. There's a sticky in the posts of the download page which explains what version of ButterLib and Harmony to use if you have the Fixed Launcher as well.

ModLib hasn't been updated in over 4 months, so you will more than likely need to get rid of it. Pretty much the key to M&B Bannerlord modding is to always be using a mod that's been updated for the current version of the game. If the original author hasn't touched in a long time, punch the mod name into the search to see if anyone else has taken it upon themselves to update it, a few folks do.

If the game updates but won't work because of an outdated mod and you still want to keep playing, you can roll back to a previous version in the "Beta" section in the game properties on Steam.

It's a pain the rear, but you really need to install mods for this game one at a time and boot up after each to make sure it at least loads into the main menu. If you get a few mods in and something stops working, try fiddling with the load order (in the fixed launcher) before giving up on it.

EDIT: In particular, you are using a REALLY old version of Bannerlord Tweaks there, someone else has started an updated version HERE.

Edited by WyrdOh