Crash Upon Entering Doc Mitchell´s House

Ryousan2k

Im currently in the process of cloning my last stable Modlist with some QOL and content additions, but I have run into an unexpected issue I didnt the last time: The game is consistently crashing each time I reenter Doc mitchell´s House, I suspects this ahs soemthing tyo do with the gun mods from Millenia I have recently added, but the problem did not manifest the last time I installed them. I have tweaked my ini files, I have increased Heap seize in NVSE and NVSR(496), Im running the NV Anti-Crash and FNV4GB extender. I have already nuked my load order three times in order to pin the problem, but other than not using the mods , somethinG I refuse to do, Im afraid Im at the end of my rope

Help please

Modlist

https://pastebin.com/N8kAgE9y

Load Order (Most Weapon and Armors Mods are managed by merges)

https://pastebin.com/ZgmgZyTQ

My Specs

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050ti
Intel i7 4770 3.4 (8 CPUs) Ghz
16384 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bits
DirectX 11

1. Anytime the game "Crashes to the Desktop" (CTD) it's typically going to generate an error message in the Windows Eventlog because the game engine was not able to predictably handle the error. Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article.

Logs generated by the game itself (not Windows) are found in the game folder, where the "FalloutNV.EXE" file is located.

"NVAC - New Vegas AntiCrash" error log entries are described on the "Description" page. This an important log for "in-game" errors. Some are intended to assist mod authors; while others are there to help "you, the player" trying to resolve a problem. You are interested in the entries which are NOT automatically handled successfully by NVAC, and records which do NOT begin with "00" (which are in the vanilla game files and not typically going to be fixable by yourself). Key entries to look for are the following "letter codes":
* "e" entries are Exceptions handled specifically by NVAC's targeted code changes
* "h" entries are exceptions identified Heuristically by NVAC's "global" exception handler, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "m" entries are "Middle of nowhere" exceptions, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "ñ" entries are Null instruction exceptions, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "n" entries are Null pointer call exceptions, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "o" entries are stack Overflow exceptions, usually handled unsuccessfully.
* "q" entries are program self-termination information; these are effectively crashes.
* "u" entries are Unhandled exceptions reported from the Unhandled Exception Filter; these are crashes (and the NVAC author wants to hear about them).
* "v" entries are unhandled exceptions reported by NVAC's "global" exception handler; these are crashes.
* "w" entries are informative, relaying exception information as it passes through New Vegas's final exception handler.
* "x" entries are critical errors in Windows exception data; these entries should never occur.
* ":" entries are output from OutputDebugString calls.
* ";" entries are output from the game's own error checking.
Other codes may be of interest, but are not things the player is likely to be able to resolve, They are useful for informing the author of the mod to aid them in fixing their plugin. In particular, pass along the:
* "_" entries are informative, relaying that NVAC was loaded and the base address of various DLLs
* "!" entries are informative, relaying human-readable text for the user entries.
Any error codes found in the log but not listed on the mod "Description" page should be reported to the NVAC comments page.

'Expression Error: SYNTAX' is not uncommon, even in vanilla without any mods loaded. These are basically "typos". Such errors are reported by NVAC but ignored. Those lines of script code do not get executed, but also are not "fatal" to the game. They are the sort of thing mods like "Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP", "JIP LN NVSE", "JohnnyGuitar NVSE", "lStewieAl's Tweaks" etc. are designed to fix or supplement if possible.

Couple of other things I notice:

2. You don't have a "merge patch" file to resolve record level conflicts.

* If you have more than one mod that makes any change to the same record or set of records in the vanilla game, then you really need to use a "Merge Patch File" with that collection of mods. Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. When in doubt, create a "Merge Patch" file for your overall "load order" anyway. If you add, remove, or change the sequence of plugins in your "load order", don't forget to rebuild the "merge patch" file again.

* "Merged Patch" is a more generic term than "Bashed Patch", which is only produced by the Wrye Bash/Flash program. A Wrye "Bashed Patch" and a xEdit "Merged Patch" are generated from the entire "load order" list of plugins to resolve all "record level conflicts". They are roughly equivalent but use different algorithms. You can use the combination of both a "Bashed Patch" and a "Merged Patch" file (technically an "override" patch as described here), for different complimentary reasons. (What I say regarding "Wrye Bash (WB)" also applies to "Wrye Flash (WF)". "xEdit" is the generic name for "FNVEdit" which is the game specific implementation of that tool.)

While both WB and xEdit are creating essentially the same thing, the big difference is that WB automates the "record level conflict" resolution in load order sequence producing a "merged patch" file named explicitly "Bashed Patch, 0.esp". This works fine for most such conflicts where you want the last loading plugin to "win" conflicts, but to also include non-conflicting records of earlier plugins to get around "The Rule of One". The xEdit process does similar but doesn't dictate the resulting file name and lends itself to deciding those exceptions where you want an earlier loading record to "win" the conflict instead. By running WB first, and then creating an xEdit "override" patch with just the different winners (hence the difference from a "merged patch" of the entire "load order"), you are reducing the number of manual changes needed. This becomes important if you tend to modify your load order with updates to plugins frequently, as you should rebuild your "merged patch(s)" whenever you do so.

Note that xEdit can "automate" the creation process in a similar manner to WB, but it doesn't (last I knew but things are constantly evolving) make use of "Bash Tags". WB also has built-in "tweaks" to game settings that it incorporates into the patch, as well as merging of "leveled lists". You can also use xEdit to give "unique" results that none of the plugins provide (in effect creating a "new patch plugin" result within the overall patch.)

There are more possibilities. Please see the wiki "Merged Plugin Guidelines for Personal Use" article for details.

3. Your DirectX driver is shown as "v11". Please see 'Issue: Vanilla game Hangs on startup'; specifically "Cause-1" regarding DirectX9 drivers in the wiki 'Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting' guide. (If you do have the specific v9 driver also installed, then you can ignore this.)

4. As I interpret your problem description: you can load the game from a save file, but any attempt to re-enter Doc Mitchel's house causes a CTD.

a. Do you have the problem when you start a "new game", exit Doc's and then attempt to re-enter?

b. Many weapon and armor mods initially place their items in Doc's house. Check whether any which do are causing the problem. Please see the 'Mod Conflict Isolation' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

If the problem persists, then work through either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions, is kept "up-to-date", and covers years of "lessons learned". It is NOT a list of various mods to install that happen to work on the author's machine. It addresses fundamentals underlying how to get the basic game and mods to work together. At least 90% of everything I post in the "Technical Support" sub-forum is already in that article.

-Dubious-

Doc Mitchell´s House seems to work fine when starting a new game, I have explored it thoroughly before exiting, I have grabbed all weapons in an attempt to remove all added objects, but nothings seems to be out of the ordinary before exiting, its attempts to reenter what causes CTDs...perhaps a detail I forgot to mention was that there are times in which it doesnt "properly crash" it freezes on the roulette loading screen and it stays there forever, other times it linger sthere a bit before crashing.

I will try to implement some of your suggestions and report later

The "roulette wheel" is just a "cursor replacement", but being infinite is an indication that the game code has gotten lost with no idea as to what command to execute next, but it has not managed to trigger Windows or NVAC to CTD.

* Do you have "New Vegas Stutter Remover" (NVSR) installed? (It and other NVSE plugins don't appear in "mod" lists.) If so, please see the 'Issue: CTD after 10-20 minutes of play (post-Win10 2017 FCU)' and 'Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu' entries in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide. Note the default NVSR settings do not work with Win10, but there are some recommended by the author for Win10 further down in the article.

:* Currently, the recommended alternative to NVSR, if you are running Win7 or Win10, is to try using the "New Vegas Tick Fix (NVTF)" and "New Vegas Heap Replacer (NVHR)" mods instead. However, until NVTF includes the option, you may want to continue to use NVSR for the "iThreadsFixedToCPUs" setting. Note though, use of NVSR along with NVTF is unsupported.

* Related to the NVSR problem, for problems AFTER a save game is loaded see also 'Issue: Incomplete save game load' in the "Troubleshooting" guide.

* Please see the paragraph about "auto-saves" under the 'Essentials for Getting Started' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. If you have been using the built-in "auto-save" feature and you get the endless "roulette wheel" when loading a save game, then your current save game file is corrupted and you will have to either go back to a save before the corruption occurred (hard to tell) or start over.

-Dubious-

• 1 year later...