Char_Stage issue with custom companion for Awakening

studydamod

Hi all

I am trying to create a custom companion for Dragon Age. I followed this guide http://www.datoolset.net/wiki/User:Satans_karma and I am able to create a my custom companion for Origins, and put it into the game world and select it in my party picker screen.

However, when I try to do the same in Awakening I encounter a problem with char_stage, since I can only duplicate char_stage.are in the Dragon Age toolset but not the gxa_char_stage.are that Awakening use, I can't find my custom companion in the party picker screen. I have tried to duplicate char_stage, change it name to gxa_char_stage and put my custom companion tag in place of Origins companion, but it still didn't work (with that method I didn't see anything in the new party picker screen, not even my own playable character).

I am try googling but it seems a lot of resource are lost with Bioware forum went offline, so I am at a lost, I don't know what direction I should look for and where should I go to learn...

So if any of you have experience in Awakening modding that can help me I am really grateful, as this is stuck in my mind for several days already >_>