Head mesh animation doesn't work

L44keri

I'm using latest Blender with Morrowind plugin to edit head meshes and while the head animations works fine in Nifskope after import, they do not work in-game. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I seem to lack NiTextKeyExtraData which apparently controls the animation. Is there way to add it via Nifskope? I cant seem to be able to add it to NiNode.

Edited by Kindt

• 4 months later...

I'm using latest Blender with Morrowind plugin to edit head meshes and while the head animations works fine in Nifskope after import, they do not work in-game. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I seem to lack NiTextKeyExtraData which apparently controls the animation. Is there way to add it via Nifskope? I cant seem to be able to add it to NiNode.

Hey, I've to a similar issue (but in my case there's no problem with NiTextKeyExtraData). It's there.

Context:

Hey, I've recently started learning how to edit things in Nifskope, and my first edit/transplantation of meshes was kinda OK (Compatibility patch for abot Gondoliers with MacKom heads with optional VSBR body texture fix)

I've started editing abot's siltstriders (author's permission granted, ofc). Only now I've got a problem I can't solve atm: the head's animation (talk/blink) doesn't play in game (OpenMW), whereas everything works just fine in Nifskope. I didn't have anything like that during my previous experience with gondoliers.

I've tested it in game in a variety of ways: adding completely new nodes (like copy-pasting from the head mesh original file, placing extra heads next to the driver's model). It still doesn't work in OpenMW (remains static, no matter what) and works as intended in Nifskope.

Would anyone by any chance have similar experience with Nifskope/OpenMW and point me in the right direction to dig? I know it's a bit much to ask, but I'm kinda clueless. Gonna keep on googling, though. Thx for your time.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i5h001aqsa1g1j9/ab01strider02.nif/file

With this issue out of hand, I could finish the edits pretty fast and upload them on nexus.