Hey guys.

I'm pretty new to modding, so excuse me if I'm being dumb.

So I inserted the bAllowMultipleMasters=1 line in the ini file and loaded my mod with the new masters. But when i entered the cell all my progress was lost.It was totally back to square 1.

I then tried removing the line from the ini and loading it back up with only the original masters, but to no avail.

Any help is much appreciated.

Yours truly

Jacob

Edited by PeaceOfPineapple

Just to clarify did you insert bAllowMultipleMasters=1 or bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1?

In the game folder there is a folder named ''Backup", the creation kit makes a backup every time an .esp file is loaded. (Or something along those lines.) It will attach a suffix after the file extension, so the file would be something like "ModName.esp.X.bak" where X is a number from 0-9. Eventually if it reaches 9 it will overwrite 0. Anyway to use them you will have to rename the file and remove the ".X.bak" part and place it in the Data folder. (If you can't see the file extensions go to "View>File Name Extensions" in the file explorer.)

Hope that helps, happy modding! :happy:

Sincerely,

Ruaidhrigh

Just to clarify did you insert bAllowMultipleMasters=1 or bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1?

In the game folder there is a folder named ''Backup", the creation kit makes a backup every time an .esp file is loaded. (Or something along those lines.) It will attach a suffix after the file extension, so the file would be something like "ModName.esp.X.bak" where X is a number from 0-9. Eventually if it reaches 9 it will overwrite 0. Anyway to use them you will have to rename the file and remove the ".X.bak" part and place it in the Data folder. (If you can't see the file extensions go to "View>File Name Extensions" in the file explorer.)

Hope that helps, happy modding! :happy:

Sincerely,

Ruaidhrigh

Thank you for your helpful answer.

You really saved my day. Yea, sorry, bAllowMultipleMasterloads=1 was what i meant.

And may I say what a cool name you have, Ruaidhrigh.

Thanks again and have a nice day.