Deer Skull Headdresses

tempestseeker

I've been browsing mods lately and found a couple of images which I thought looked pretty cool for a mod release but I can't find any mods that include this idea. Its the deer skull with antlers as a wearable headdress... I thought this might be easily done using the creation kit but I'm not a modder and have got myself into a bit of a pickle trying to make this on my own. These are the two images which I found that inspired me. Suggestions:

I figured the one with regular antlers might be the easier of the two as the first one seems to be the male Elk antlers. As I say I'm not sure how to go about making them myself so it would be cool if someone with the know how could maybe make these and post them on the forums. I believe that the obvious inspiration for this also comes from the pagan deity cerunnos which also had antlers and is believed to have been a forest god of nature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos

I know there are serveral other games like blood forge and myth 3 there are characters with this look and I'm quite surprized skyrim hasn't made a forsworn shaman or something like that with this appearance.

"I'm quite surprized skyrim hasn't made a forsworn shaman or something like that with this appearance."

That's probably because Hircine is sometimes depicted as Man with deer skull, just similar to right photo.

Also, Looks like it's made by the two people who are working on Death Dealer mod, so that's your best lead for now.

They made cool hood as well, something a bit like.. Batman meets cowl of nocturnal :biggrin:

So, I'd say it's probably coming out, sooner or later.

Edit:

Also, NO.

It can't be made "simply in CK".

Requires 3ds max or blender.

Edited by Guest

Cheers for the reply. Actually I think I downloaded that death dealer mod just yesterday. Haven't tried it out yet though.

It's good to know that it's in the works, a mod like that would fit quite well with skyrim and it would be cool to have as armour for you're character too. It's quite a sinister look but It's cool also. I guess that's what skyrim is all about anyway.

Cheers for the tip with CK too. Not sure if I'll get that 3d max or not. I'll look into how complicated it is to use first probably.

Okay, just found this mod. Looks like it was just released today. It's called hunting grounds: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32371 Looks like it's more or less what I was looking for. It's got the skull headdress and other armour sets. I'm not sure what else the mod entails as I've just downloaded it. Thanks shadowjin for the helpful comment and get a chance to check this mod out too.