Force Archer?

Rizaidym

I've found a number of mods such as Zamfir's Archery Emporium and Magic Arrows, you know, mods that make arrows with magic effects, but I haven't found anything about using actual spells AS arrows, ala Force Archers in CABAL Online. I admit, I don't know much about modding. Would this be possible?

Haven't played CABAL, but this makes me think of Quincies from Bleach (I know, anime reference, FLAME THE ANIME FREAK)...

Anyways. I like this idea.

I always did wonder why there weren't Soul Reaper's who's release'd weapon was a bow, y'know. Some of them surely had the spirit of an Archer.

My question, however: Since spells that could be launched are already shot at the enemy, what advantage would the bow be?

Hmmm, good point. Faster travel speed? Benefiting from sneak attack bonuses? Benefit from both Archery and Spell School? In both perks and scaling? Roleplaying fun? Not having to carry around improbable amounts of arrows? I really just suggested it because I love the concept.

Haven't played CABAL, but this makes me think of Quincies from Bleach (I know, anime reference, FLAME THE ANIME FREAK)...

Anyways. I like this idea.

I always did wonder why there weren't Soul Reaper's who's release'd weapon was a bow, y'know. Some of them surely had the spirit of an Archer.

My question, however: Since spells that could be launched are already shot at the enemy, what advantage would the bow be?

In Bleach Lore terms, a Soul Reaper whose shikai took the form of a bow would most likely become an outcast, due to the Quincies' passion for the weapon, what with the two sides hating each other.

As far as the second question, I think the main thing would just be a graphic change. Maybe it could be arranged so that the spell fired increases both its magical school, and the archery skill?

I think I know of one way to go about this...wouldn't really be what OP asked for, but it would be a step towards it:

Variations of the Bound Bow that come with their own arcane powers, using existing spell types. Fire bow, ice bow, shock bow, fury bow, fear bow, paralysis bow (I know there's no paralysis spell, but it just makes sense to me), etc.

Think that could be done? It'd require a lot of new conjuration spells, probably heavy scripting to get the effects right, and a fair amount of retexturing, but it could at least be done with existing meshes.

The issue with the elemental bound bows mod that is already out there is that it just isn't particularly useful, in the end. The resistance calculations are just off, and it doesn't benefit in any noticeable way from damage increasing perks, not to the point of ordinary bound bws, anyway. It needs to benefit from Mystic Binding. There just isn't any point in using it.