"You cannot reply to this topic"

Ghia

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To echo what Dark said, I just logged into a test account with the same permissions as you and I got the results from the search. Is it possible you spelt your query incorrectly and getting no results was actually the correct response?

No. I've tried different words, spelled correctly.

The problem seems to be that no search function is actually initiated.

I do not get the "No results" page,,,this just pops up immediately :

So, instead of making it harder to reply to comments posted on the mod pages, instead of removing the ability to reply on the forum page, why not fix it so that the comments posted in the forums appear correctly on the mod pages.

Actually, having the comments appear in the forums makes it easier to follow a thread.

I am sure that Ghia and I aren't the only ones that are a little upset about this, since we have been posting comments for mods in the forums for years.

Edited by M48A5

So, instead of making it harder to reply to comments posted on the mod pages, instead of removing the ability to reply on the forum page, why not fix it so that the comments posted in the forums appear correctly on the mod pages.

Actually, having the comments appear in the forums makes it easier to follow a thread.

I am sure that Ghia and I aren't the only ones that are a little upset about this, since we have been posting comments for mods in the forums for years.

Amen to that !

No opinion on being able to post mod comments in the forum thread, but while we're on the subject of searching, I do think that the ability to search comments needs to be made more visible. I'm sure many users who are not active forum users are unaware that they can visit the forum thread to search.

While I understand your sentiment. Even if what you're suggesting was possible, we'd have to go through every single post since the site has existing an try to reformat it. Changes like you suggest are fine if you're starting fresh with no historic data, but Nexus Mods has a long history of posts/comments that we don't want to lose.

If I were to guess. I'd say that the vast majority of users have never replied to a mod page via the forum or even weren't aware there is a forum version of the posts on the site in the first place. However, if there is a considerable amount of users who dislike this change we'll consider undoing it.

Personally, I find the forum version of quoting less pleasant to read and harder to follow than comment chains on the site. You have to remember, forum threads are designed to follow a single topic of discussion, whereas mod pages can have several nested conversations going on at once.

To echo what Dark said, I just logged into a test account with the same permissions as you and I got the results from the search. Is it possible you spelt your query incorrectly and getting no results was actually the correct response?

No. I've tried different words, spelled correctly.

The problem seems to be that no search function is actually initiated.

I do not get the "No results" page,,,this just pops up immediately :

Honestly, I've never seen this before, but it has all the telltale signs of browser addon shenanigans

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I find the mod page discussion format more difficult to use and follow then the forum format AND I WISH it would be re-instated !!!

In the discussion format, having to browse down to every conversation to see if something new was written is a pain. Maybe there is a better way but I am not aware of it. AND formatting is very limited (unlike the forum format) AND having to hunt the message or the next one again in the browser after I reply is frustrating to say the least... Now I have to jump to the forum to see if someone replied and then hunt it in the mod posts

I had switched to the forum format for these reasons.

Please allow us to edit on the forum !!!

Edited by TheBossBoy