Head/Body color mismatch (nsfw)

VeryTraumatic

Hello, all. I run the UNP body basic models, with Nuska Real Skin for women, and Apachii Sky Hair.

I have a color mismatch on most characters between there head and boy. Has there been any situations in which this happened to you in other mod combinations, and do you know of any fixes?

I really don't want to have to uninstall Real Skin :( By itself it's my favorite character mod.

Thanks everyone.

It's actually a very well known issue, known as the 'dark head bug'. It's most common cause is not exporting the facegen data from the CK when making changes to an npc. If you downloaded the npc-editing mod, then check to see if they've provided any fixes, and if not, inform them of it.

If you made the changes, or can't find a fix/don't want to wait for one, open the .esp(s) in the CK, locate the npc(s) name, click on it, and press CTRL+F4. You'll need to do this for every npc affected. Then you just close the CK and play, and the issue will be fixed.

• 3 years later...

It's actually a very well known issue, known as the 'dark head bug'. It's most common cause is not exporting the facegen data from the CK when making changes to an npc. If you downloaded the npc-editing mod, then check to see if they've provided any fixes, and if not, inform them of it.

If you made the changes, or can't find a fix/don't want to wait for one, open the .esp(s) in the CK, locate the npc(s) name, click on it, and press CTRL+F4. You'll need to do this for every npc affected. Then you just close the CK and play, and the issue will be fixed.

@jeir: I know this post of yours is really old and you are probably busy in making the new CBBE happen but aybe you could help me with this.

I created my first custom follower (hopefully standalone) using CK. I followed this tutorial until the end.

I have the body/face color mismatch as is normal according to the tutorial. She also explains how to fix it. exporting with ctrl + F4 and then open the head in nifskope and link the textures. however i am still having this problem. at one point i think i did not have it anymore, but there was the red forehead bug instead and all the makeup was gone. i managed to fix this and now there is only the neck issue. I also tried the simple export without editing in nifskope as you described.

i don't know if it is relevant: I am using MO (starting CK from within MO). after exporting the head the first time i turned the overwrite directory into a mod. the current version of a mod comes also from my overwrite which i empty regularly (after I edit the .esp in CK). after every export MO puts the .dds straight to my first overwrite (replacing the old file). Don't know if that's related. after all this time MO is still a little confusing to me sometimes...

no other npc has this issue, only my created follower.

can you tell me the magic fix for my problem?

Edited by mindmonkey