Causes of random crashing?

UtopianOne

So, I've been experiencing some random crashes and I'd like to know the causes so I can narrow it down. I tried searching the forums, but haven't found quite what I'm looking for. If anyone could help, that'd be awesome. So far, I've read that some scripts remain after you uninstall mods, does waiting 3 days resolve those problems? My crashes usually occur randomly between changing cells or initiating conversation with someone. I've included my load order, just in case I messed up there. I use BOSS and FNVEdit (made a merged patch right after exporting my load order).

Thanks again to any advice and support!

My recollection is that if you're using Fake Fullscreen FNV, you CAN get Fake Fullscreen, 4GB, and NVSE to all work collectively, but it requires some hackyness that I don't remember how to do (I had them all running together until I gave up trying to run the game smoothly at my native resolution). If you're using Game Companion, everything works together faultlessly.

Edit: If you're having random crashes and not using the 4GB Enabler, 99.5% probability that you're suffering from overflow problems. If you're getting an exception code C0000005 from FalloutNV.exe, that's certainly the cause.

Edited by Xaranth